Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Aug 20, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
scouser
Imagineer

Danny the champion of the world by roald dahl

Edited at 09:18 PM. Reason: Typo
scouser is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 20, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

The Count of Monte Cristo for me, injustice, revenge, forgiveness, I had never read such a well written adventure with such gown up themes. I read it in 2 days, could hardly bear to put it down.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 20, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Willeve
Imagineer

Flambards KM Peyton. Loved that series of books. My son is named Will after the male lead character.
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 20, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Without doubt it was the Hobbit by JRR Tolkien, closely followed by the Lord of the Rings. I can’t even put a number of the times I’ve read both. And as others have said so began my love affair with books. I read every night for at least 2 to 3 hours, just about to go and read now 📖

Edited at 09:29 PM.
levtweeney is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 20, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
The Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 20, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
In my young days it would be Enid Blyton. Secret Seven, Famous Five, the Faraway Tree series. I remember not wanting them to end. My pocket money was spent each Saturday after the morning picture club (which is a whole other thread), in my local newsagent/bookshop at the carousel of childrens books looking to see what to get that week. Then moved on to Jennings and Derbyshire (think I wanted to be in boarding school!) and then the Three Investigators which appeared to have been written by Alfred Hitchcock but wasn't.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 20, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

I was an Enid Blyton fan, The Magic Faraway Tree series, and then Mallory Towers. I also enjoyed the secret seven books.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 20, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

The Folk of the Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton.
Also I had a ‘Heidi’ book with accompanying audio book (on vinyl). Can’t remember exact title but it was about Heidi staying with her grandfather in The Alps. Used to love listening to it & following the book - quite rare in those days I think.
I have 3 books which I have read over & over. All of them I studied at secondary school. They are:
The Mayor of Casterbridge - Thomas Hardy
Pride & Prejudice - Jane Austen, and
Lord of the Flies - William Golding.
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Disneyfreaks
Imagineer

Mobile

I loved the secret seven series, my sister was more into the famous five !
Disneyfreaks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
TigerMom
Apprentice Imagineer

I cannot remember not being able to read. Heidi is one of the earliest books I can remember along with Little Women and Black Beauty. I used to go to the library on Saturday morning with my Dad. I could choose two books to take home and then one to read while my Dad got his books. Happy memories.
TigerMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List