Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Oct 20, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ambergambler View Post
Looking at starting cheap and cheerful for 12 nights, then Universal 3 nights and finishing off at a hotel with FP at 60 days for 9 nights.
I guess I’ll be able to make on-site FP before the offsite days, but at least I’ll know what we’ve already got.
I know people usually do it the other way round, but we want to finish on a high.
Any downsides to this that I’ve missed?
Fastpass will def be back and I personally think it'll be before you plan to go in Aug. But it is a calculated guess ha ha ie busiest time of year, each peak should get smaller and virus eventually dies out, it's over 10 months away so hopefully plenty of time to get over the virus and back to "normal". But who knows for sure esp if u can get the virus a 2nd or 3rd time or it mutated.

FP will be back for sure otherwise how else will they sort things when everything picks back up. 8 hour lines for certain rides and lots of complaints if no FP.

Currently we're not allowed to fly there but once that is allowed (again no one knows but we've still got to look ahead and plan all these things in just like you are doing) then there's gonna be herds of people going to Disney which means FP will def be needed.
That's a massive thing in the planning having the 60 day window rather than offsite 30 day.
But the no free dining is the biggest thing for us.

In answer to your question the only thing I can think of is that as the holiday goes on, we find we become more floridarised (word I made up but think u know what I mean) and get up later each day.
So one advantage of doing parks early in the holiday is its easier getting up really early as still in UK mode and times. So getting to the parks early is a big advantage to blast a few rides in before the later risers arrive.

Doing Disney last though means u get to suck in all the last bits of magic and memories to go home with and finish on a high just like you said.

You'll have a blast whatever u do.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 20, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
It’s difficult to know at this point if your plan will have any downsides as all the normal stuff is suspended. Previously with free dining you couldn’t activate your Disney tickets before your onsite stay. That’s probably irrelevant now but if Disney release some sort of package deal it may become relevant.
Hi Sha9,

What do u mean by the above please? We haven't stayed on Disney since 2012 so please excuse us being rusty lol.

Assuming FP and free dining came back how will what u said affect things as we're looking for 2022 and hoping it'll all be back tidy.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 20, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Simon & Suzann View Post
Fastpass will def be back and I personally think it'll be before you plan to go in Aug. But it is a calculated guess ha ha ie busiest time of year, each peak should get smaller and virus eventually dies out, it's over 10 months away so hopefully plenty of time to get over the virus and back to "normal". But who knows for sure esp if u can get the virus a 2nd or 3rd time or it mutated.

FP will be back for sure otherwise how else will they sort things when everything picks back up. 8 hour lines for certain rides and lots of complaints if no FP.

Currently we're not allowed to fly there but once that is allowed (again no one knows but we've still got to look ahead and plan all these things in just like you are doing) then there's gonna be herds of people going to Disney which means FP will def be needed.
That's a massive thing in the planning having the 60 day window rather than offsite 30 day.
But the no free dining is the biggest thing for us.

In answer to your question the only thing I can think of is that as the holiday goes on, we find we become more floridarised (word I made up but think u know what I mean) and get up later each day.
So one advantage of doing parks early in the holiday is its easier getting up really early as still in UK mode and times. So getting to the parks early is a big advantage to blast a few rides in before the later risers arrive.

Doing Disney last though means u get to suck in all the last bits of magic and memories to go home with and finish on a high just like you said.

You'll have a blast whatever u do.
What makes you so sure that fast passes will come bsck? They didn't have them for several decades so why would Disney bring them back now they've got rid of them?
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 20, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Simon & Suzann View Post
Hi Sha9,

What do u mean by the above please? We haven't stayed on Disney since 2012 so please excuse us being rusty lol.

Assuming FP and free dining came back how will what u said affect things as we're looking for 2022 and hoping it'll all be back tidy.
Previously because your park ticket was linked to your resort stay it technically wasn’t valid until your check in day. It meant you couldn’t book FP for any date before that because you didn’t have a valid ticket.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 20, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
What makes you so sure that fast passes will come bsck? They didn't have them for several decades so why would Disney bring them back now they've got rid of them?
Because this week pictures from Epcot showed them installing the fast pass entrance signage and terminals at the entrance to the new Ratatouille ride as they finish the exterior. Bit pointless doing that if they weren’t going to bring FP back would they?

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 20, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Because they spent a lot of money on it and they only suspended it due to an unforeseen global pandemic.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 20, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

It'll be back. What else will they do?

Disney won't have people standing in line for hours which would probably lead to mass complaining, it would put lots of people off going and, most importantly, not spending money! If people are in lines then they ain't spending. Disney is a cash machine.

They've spent loads on it and built their systems around it.
The new booking parks will stay and therefore you can only book FP if your actually booked in for that park therefore eliminating the ones who book FP slots for the sake of booking them.
It'll be much better.
Old 10 Oct 20, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Previously because your park ticket was linked to your resort stay it technically wasn’t valid until your check in day. It meant you couldn’t book FP for any date before that because you didn’t have a valid ticket.
Right I got you. Kind of like if u did a
week off site followed by a week on site with free dining scenario. Then the first week you're naffed for booking FP even though u got legit tickets.

Thanks for that.
Old 10 Oct 20, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Ben1993
Very Serious Dibber

The problem was when the ticket was bought as part of a Disney package. The ticket then wasn’t valid until check in day at Disney.
Are you referring to my situation? My Disney tickets were completely independent of the resort booking, I booked rented DVC points for that, and used my Disney ticket in the week before I checked in at AKL. At 60 days before my AKL check in date, FP+ selection became available for my check in day - check out day only, not the preceding days before check in, which I thought it may do from reading posts on various forums, the loophole was either closed, or just did not work for me.
Ben1993 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 20, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

They haven't got rid of fast passes then have stopped them temporarily