Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Oct 20, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
baboons
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Exams delayed in England in 2021

"The summer exam series will start on 7 June 2021 and end on 2 July for almost all AS/A-levels and GCSEs. Results days will be held on Tuesday 24 August for A/AS levels and Friday 27 August for GCSEs to enable students to start the following academic year as normal."

I'm sure this is going to affect many people looking to book next year.

theguardian/educatio...droidApp_Other
baboons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
baboons
Apprentice Imagineer

Although the odds of this staying unchanged are low I'd expect
baboons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by baboons View Post
Although the odds of this staying unchanged are low I'd expect
While true they certainly won't be moved earlier and if they go even later or get cancelled completely I'd suggest that would be indicative of a situation when our holidays would be the least of our problems!
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
rylisal
Imagineer

We've been waiting to hear as our original plan was to go on 5th July.
With a Son due to take his GCSE's this could work for us! 👍
I was worried they might go on into mid July 🤷🏻 which would mean we couldn't go as I have work commitments later in the Summer...
Of course this is all provided we are even allowed to travel to USA by then 🤔
Miami 1991(honeymoon!),Quality Inn Int Dv 1992,Buenaventura lakes Villa 1993,Quality Inn Int Dv 1995,Quality Inn Int dv 1997,Days Inn Lakeside 2000,Masters Inn Maingate 2002,Ramada Plaza MGate 2004, Liki Tiki Feb 2007 & Disney Wonder Cruise,DLP Feb '08,Terre Verde,DCL & Indian Shores Oct '08,Canada Aug09,June/July '10 CP & RPR, Feb/Mar '14 Mystic Dunes, Unversals RPR & POR, June/July '16 Florida road trip Sept '18 DLP!
rylisal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

So Scotland no exams, England exams. Wonder which way Wales will go.
I'm really concerned that some students have missed big chunks of learning now either because they did not have the tech at home, the school where not equipped to deliver remote learning. Since the summer I know one school where 1 year has been out for 4 weeks now, how can this be fair we all children.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shack69 View Post
So Scotland no exams, England exams. Wonder which way Wales will go.
I'm really concerned that some students have missed big chunks of learning now either because they did not have the tech at home, the school where not equipped to deliver remote learning. Since the summer I know one school where 1 year has been out for 4 weeks now, how can this be fair we all children.
We're from Wales and wondering what exams are 🤣

Only messing lol. My daughters mentioned they might be off but nothing official said and it's just a hunch from their teachers at moment I believe.

It's just a nightmare for everyone and everything. Hard to plan in certain sectors with imminent peaks of the virus.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
stace
Imagineer

I really do not understand why they are doing this to children, firstly no teaching for 6 months when we where in lockdown, return to school and all they seem to be doing is tests, test, tests!
My daughter was only back at school for 2 weeks when she had to isolate for 2 weeks - again no teaching just work sent home!

Now they are saying mocks will be done under exam conditions - again more pressure for these children. (again mocks being done without children having any significant teaching)

I just don't see how this is fair on the children - the amount of pressure they are under, the lack of teaching they have had and the possibility of them having to isloate constantly whilst expecting them to do tests and exams all the time!

All my daughter seems to do in any of her spare time is revise!

stacey
stace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by stace View Post
I really do not understand why they are doing this to children, firstly no teaching for 6 months when we where in lockdown, return to school and all they seem to be doing is tests, test, tests!
My daughter was only back at school for 2 weeks when she had to isolate for 2 weeks - again no teaching just work sent home!

Now they are saying mocks will be done under exam conditions - again more pressure for these children. (again mocks being done without children having any significant teaching)

I just don't see how this is fair on the children - the amount of pressure they are under, the lack of teaching they have had and the possibility of them having to isloate constantly whilst expecting them to do tests and exams all the time!

All my daughter seems to do in any of her spare time is revise!

stacey
The mocks under exam condition point raised by Gavin Williamson, like he's just thought of the greatest ever, just displays his idiocy. Mocks should always be under exam conditions. However, unless the exam boards are going to set mock papers and government is going to mandate a time for them to be done and provide examiners to mark them they remain of little use for actually judging the performance of a student in one school compared to a student in a school 5 miles down the road.
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List