Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 1 Oct 17, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Which hotel on I-drive?

Looking at staying in a hotel on I-drive for a week and am wondering if anyone can recommend one. It's for 2 adults and 2 children, we don't want a sofa bed. Looked that the Rosen hotels, coco key and Avanti among others. Looking for a nice pool and walking distance to restaurants. Normally book a villa but am trying to give the hubby a break from driving too much on that week as we are doing quite a bit if travelling the next week. Free parking would be good.
Katnic1 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 17, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

Rosen Plaza or Rosen at Pointe are worth a look. Plaza has a nicer pool and is a nicer hotel but is slightly more expensive. Both in great locations.
Jimsdadhalifax is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 17, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
curlysue2
Apprentice Imagineer

A lot of people say the Avanti is nice too. Rosen Pointe is bang in the right location for all the best restaurants on I drive, like Olive Garden, Bahama breeze, etc. and close to Pirate cove golf.
Everything is in easy walking distance.
curlysue2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 17, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post

Would recommend Wyndham Orlando... Avoid Sheraton World...Its Bates motel all over again..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 17, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

We stayed at Rosen Plaza in August. It was fabulous so much so I emailed them when I got home. The rooms have been refurbished and we got our room preferences facing I drive and top floor. Great views. Loved the location. Booked with Virgin Holidays so got free parking and discounts for restaurant and quick kiosk food (lovely pizza to take back to room)
We stopped at Rosen Inn at Pointe last time which is pretty close but I didn't like the external corridors.
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 17, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Infinity Red
Imagineer

Agree with Noodle 500, I would recommend Rosen Plaza, we stayed there in 2015 , it was lovely, we've also stayed at Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando twice but prefer the Plaza.
Old 2 Oct 17, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Thanks, will have a look.
Katnic1 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 17, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
toddy22
Getting Excited

Avanti is a good starting point, stayed there 5 times on and off, great location ,
Sonesta suites was nice opposite orlando eye.
Just off I drive is Vista cay on universal boulevard 2and 3 bed condos also very nice.
toddy22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 17, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

I've noticed that a lot of hotels are charging resort fees, payable on arrival these days. Can anyone tell me if any of the above do? On a nostalgic note, I first went to Florida 29 years ago when I was 11 and stayed at what was then the quality inn plaza (now Rosen pointe) my son is 11 now, so feeling like it might be time for a return!
Old 2 Oct 17, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Funny the quality inn plaza was the last idrive hotel we stayed in in 2000. We had our first offsite - split stay last year and tried the Rosen plaza. We really liked it. The hotel and the location.
We have booked again to stay there next year. Really reasonable and not much more than Rosen pointe Orlando. We booked via netflights this time as it was the best price. No resort fees.