Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Feb 20, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
gbr78
Being a bit Goofy

First trip - April 2021

Hi all.

Looking around at prices at present for our first trip to Orlando and it seems that prices can vary wildly. Unfortunately we are limited to school holidays (teacher in the family) and so, with workloads during other holiday periods and a reluctance to head out there in August, it looks like Easter 2021 is our only bet. This will mean flying out between Good Friday (2nd) and Easter Monday (5th).

We have had quotes from both Tui and Virgin so far, and after a few thoughts about hotels, we have settled on POFQ for the entire 10 day stay, although we are looking to visit both Disney and Universal parks. For 10 nights, without tickets, for 2ad and 1ch (11yrs);
Tui approx £5500
Virgin approx £6600

Both of these are based on economy flights, out of Gatwick, without any meal plans.

Is it likely that these prices will drop once all flight details are released in a few months? Is it likely that any Disney dining plan offers for 2021 will exclude Easter?

I know these are hard questions to answer, but I have a conversation running with Virgin where they seem to be showing an interest in price matching, and have been extremely helpful on the phone and email with any questions. Almost like they quite desperate for us to book early, meaning we might be able to wangle some better prices...
gbr78 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachv38
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I'm sure when the free dining is offered easter and Christmas are excluded.
Rachv38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post

reDP ,kind of depends when easter sunday is placed ,with a late easter in 2019 (april 21st) we managed to scrape in free DDP as the offer was on for arrivals up to 7th april (you may get a similar situation in 2022 as easter sunday is 17th april). Hence English easter school hols 2021 perhaps wont be included ?

Edited at 02:38 PM. Reason: addition
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
gbr78
Being a bit Goofy

Thanks both. I'm assuming that we would miss out on any free dining, but wasn't sure on how it had run in years previous. If we could get it then it's a bonus, but if it is unlikely as I am feeling it will be then it's not a deal-breaker.

For me, the key thoughts revolve around the cost. Virgin assure me that flight costs are currently as low as they will be. It's hard for me to do a comparison online between the dates that we are looking in 2021 and the same 10 days for 2020, but if I look at the summer holiday period, in particular the last weekend of July, there is £1500 difference between 2020 and 2021 (2020 being the cheaper), so this doesn't really ring true to me.

Are we best to wait until all of the flights and hotels are released to everyone? I guess this will also allow us to price it all up as a DIY trip too for comparison.
Old 5 Feb 20, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post

ha that's kind of a big fib from virgin,how on earth are they going to know about other airlines decision making about flight pricing in advance! they may have a better idea of their own pricing out of manchester where they now have a virtual monopoly on direct but not from Gatwick; you also are only going for 10 days whereas many people are trying to squeeze 14 days into the school holiday break with specific dates so you have more flexibility in terms of your departure/return dates. we are DIY fans rather than package but I presume people who book packages early(ie. pre-airline schedule release) are after other factors than are more important to their situation rather than purely price.

Edited at 05:24 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
gbr78
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by Ambermark View Post
No big advice but agree that’s a big fib from virgin. We rung early last year and they told me flights are as cheap as they’d be. Luckily we didn’t take it as fast forward 3 months and they were £600 cheaper and free v-lounge.
Can I ask how far in advance of your trip were those comments/prices given? Was it a 'pre-release' and post-release price comparison or just closer to the time?
Old 5 Feb 20, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

If you are only there 10 days and it’s a first trip I would suggest you stick to Disney there is more than enough for 3weeks let alone 10 nights so the addition £500ish for universal could be better spent elsewhere
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
gbr78
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
If you are only there 10 days and it’s a first trip I would suggest you stick to Disney there is more than enough for 3weeks let alone 10 nights so the addition £500ish for universal could be better spent elsewhere
I can understand that but, on the flip side, if we went out there and the daughter didn’t get to HP I’d be murdered! 😁
Old 5 Feb 20, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Gbnomore
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

We did 10 nights last year at Easter. Stayed for 8 nights onsite at Disney and 2 nights at Universal. We didn’t do everything, and a longer stay would have been good. but we packed a lot in, and if your daughter is a big HP fan then universal is a must! Staying onsite at Universal was worth doing as we benefitted from early entry and skip the line passes.
Gbnomore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Gbnomore
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Sorry, I didn’t really answer your question with post above, but basically in your shoes I’d hang on until flight prices are released in a few months and think about staying at Universal a night or two. We’re going to do the same again, possibly at Easter too, but maybe early July instead!
Gbnomore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List