Old 25 Jun 20, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
scotpod
Apprentice Imagineer

scotpod's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
September stay

Evening everyone

Can someone tell me what will happens to uk visitors with package holidays who have rooms booked at disney all star resorts in September , as according to various sites, they aren't opening in September.

Also as I had the dining plan and disney say they are refunding 35% as compensation, does the 35% come from disney or the tour operator and when will this happen?

I have booked through virgin holidays.

Thanks everyone
Old 26 Jun 20, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Wasnt the 35% only for US bookings?

Originally Posted by scotpod View Post
Evening everyone

Can someone tell me what will happens to uk visitors with package holidays who have rooms booked at disney all star resorts in September , as according to various sites, they aren't opening in September.

Also as I had the dining plan and disney say they are refunding 35% as compensation, does the 35% come from disney or the tour operator and when will this happen?

Thanks everyone
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL

Edited at 09:09 AM.
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Ginners
Proud to wear my Ears

I can't 100% help you with this but I imagine it'll come from the tour operator once they're notified by Disney. I had my booking with Disney directly and was offered 35% off my stay in Sept which we accepted for now whilst we wait and see what happens on reopening etc.

We're also due to stay in CSR which isn't opening until Oct so I'm expecting Disney to contact me with an alternative hotel once they know more about how many people are still planning on staying during this time.
First Villa Trip- Oct 2023

Edited at 09:14 AM.
Ginners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by scotpod View Post
Evening everyone

Can someone tell me what will happens to uk visitors with package holidays who have rooms booked at disney all star resorts in September ,as according to various sites, they aren't opening in September.

Thanks everyone
The 35% is both valid for US visitors and UK visitors. I booked direct with Disney and received an email from them 2 weeks ago letting me know that the dining plan won't be going ahead this year and I would be offered a 35% discount on the room only price. Virgin should contact you shortly letting you know about this change and offer you the same discount.

In terms of your resort you will either be moved to another value resort or upgraded to a moderate. Disney are currently moving their US guests and I think will come back to us once the deadline date for a decision has passed for people who have booked directly with Disney (deadline date is 27th June just for reference).

Disney will then start allocating people to new hotels and you will find out about your move from Virgin. I have noticed that they are trying to move people to the same level of accommodation as they have already booked so worst case scenario you will be moved to POP Century or Art of Animation and best case scenario you will be upgraded to Caribbean Beach Resort. If you aren't happy with what they have offered you then you can ask for an upgrade price, I know someone was moved to Coronado from POR and wasn't happy so paid a small price to upgrade to the Grand Destino Tower instead! I called Disney directly on Tuesday and they had no information at the time for UK guests (I'm guessing until they have exact numbers of people still planning to go its difficult to move people!)

Hopefully this helps!

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List