Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Jul 20, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
nasty
Imagineer

Do the cruise. We did 16 night SSR and 3 night Disney Dream cruise back in 2016 for our 25 year anniversary with 15 year old twins.

Holiday of a lifetime! I don’t like boats/ships/being on water or in it particularly but wow! From the minute you step on board I guarantee you will not want to get off! And the kids will have so much to do you’ll be begging them to spend some time with you 👀🤪😆 xx
nasty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Buzz n' Piglet
Imagineer

Mobile

I would do the cruise.

Save Disneyland for a full trip to California as there is so much to see and do

Plus 5 days just for Disneyland is too much. 3 days tops.
Buzz n' Piglet is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoNick
Proud to wear my Ears

It sounds lovely! I think if I’ve learnt anything from Covid (apart from how precious a commodity loo roll is ) is to enjoy life whilst you can. I had to cancel our three week Orlando trip this year (two weeks Disney onsite and one week Universal onsite) so I’m carrying over the money I’ve saved to go for a ‘wow’ holiday next year. Five days in New York, then a cruise around the Caribbean and then two weeks at Disney.

We love our Orlando holidays but gave a Med cruise a go last year instead and the kids loved it (and so did I) hence tagging on a cruise next year when we’re in the East Coast. Don’t rule out the cruise because they are great fun (and they do great cocktails ). Let us know what you decide on, it sounds like an amazing trip.
OrlandoNick is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Not yet. We still have too much unfinished business with Florida.
In which case I would do the cruise (don’t rule out other lines - DCL is amazing but it’s so expensive compared to others) and save Disneyland for a trip when you do the many other things the West Coast has to offer
Old 10 Jul 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
twigs72
Getting to know the DIBB

We're planning for 2022 and hoping that they do free DDP. We are looking at stopping at NY for a few nights before going to Disney. It will be the 1st time for my two kids (will 11 and 16 at 2022) and wife, I have been twice but that was about 20 years ago.
twigs72 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebecca_
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

This is what we're doing September 2021. 5 nights in LA, 3 night cruise & then 12 nights at WDW. So I'd say go for it! It will be the trip of a lifetime 🙂
Old 10 Jul 20, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I am definitely leaning towards doing it. Slightly revised. A week in LA with 4 days at Disneyland with a couple of day trips elsewhere (no idea where yet) and 14 days in Orlando a mixture of Disney and Universal. All funding dependant if course. Life is too short.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Absolutely go for it!

2016 we did 2 nights universal ( we left universal at 9pm after dinner to move to a Disney hotel purely for the transport to the cruise) Disney Cruise, 12 nights Disney. We would do it again in a heartbeat!

I’ve also considered west coast and Florida. However for us we want to see more of the west coast we we would do a trip there on it’s own. However because that’s not what you want - absolutely go for the idea you have! We would love to do it, it’s not that we think west coast and Florida is silly in one trip, just for us there’s a lot we want to do on the west coast so it wouldn’t make sense for us to tag it on
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Personally I would go on any Disney holiday offered to me so definitely not a mad idea! We love Disneyland and have been lucky enough to go there as part of an amazing West Coast trip a few years ago and then for just a Disneyland trip last Christmas. It is probably my favourite Disney park and the weather in the summer will be wonderful.
However, we also love the DCL so would recommend that too. Having read your TRs I think your girls would be a great age for a cruise - there is so much to do and Castaway Cay is absolutely amazing! Better than any waterpark/Discovery Cove etc.
In the LA area on our West Coast tour we loved Six Flags and Warner Bros Studio. Seeing the Hollywood Sign was definitely a wow moment too! Enjoy the planning and can't wait to read the PTR. It sounds like a very magical trip
Buggles94 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
The Lodge Guys (vloggers) did a WDW - cruise - California - WDW holiday not too long ago.

Check out their channel.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List