Notices

View Poll Results: What have you missed the most this year ( apart from family and friends ) ?
Holidays 337 81.01%
Days out / weekends away 144 34.62%
Watching live sport 31 7.45%
Going to the gym 22 5.29%
Going to the cinema / theatre 85 20.43%
Playing sport 4 0.96%
Going for a meal / coffee 158 37.98%
The pub 20 4.81%
Working at your normal place of work 34 8.17%
Concerts /festivals 41 9.86%
Clothes etc Shopping 47 11.30%
The kids being out of the house 16 3.85%
TV being largely repeats / highlights 9 2.16%
General freedom 146 35.10%
Something else ( not family /friends ) 16 3.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 416. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21 Nov 20, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

What have you missed most ? ( excluding family /friends ) pick 3

So with this strange year of restrictions /limitations , what have you missed most ?

There will be a poll so please wait for that
You are allowed 3 choices

I have intentionally not included friends or family as nearly everyone would choose those
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 10:12 AM.
buryboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I chose holidays: we missed our big trip to Miami and Orlando which weíd saved for for four years. But Iíve also missed nights away - weekend trips that sort of thing. Usually, weíd have had about 2 or 3 by now.

Watching live sport: by this I mean watching my son play football. I love watching him play but I also love seeing my friends who Iíve made through him playing football.

Going to the gym: Iíd lost 10kg prior to the initial lockdown in March and was in a really healthy frame of mind. Was going to the gym 4/5 times a week/eating well. Now, Iím dancing around my living room instead. Itís not the same.

If Iíd have picked a 4th it would be shopping but only because Iím desperate to get out there and do my Christmas shopping and I canít.😏
Old 21 Nov 20, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

I honestly havenít missed anything! Possibly holidays, but they are so busy itís been nice to have time at home ... and we still managed to get to South Africa in March.

It will be nice to get back to doing things on the list, but I honestly canít say I have missed them... I just make the best of what we have and enjoy the slower pace for a while.

And not travelling allowed us to get these ❤️❤️

I know that I am lucky, but I am genuinely content and unscathed by the pandemic (so far).

Edited at 09:51 AM.
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I have missed holidays and it has been disappointing having to cancel bookings.
Going to work for us has been mostly normal. I have quite enjoyed a slower pace of life, staying in at weekend, not having to be places all the time. Saving money !

I do feel more for my son and daughter who are missing many of the things on the list.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Getting Excited

Iím sort of torn between holidays and general freedom.

In the beginning, I donít think the whole situation affected me too much mentally as I took it in my stride, but I have been worn down over time.

Holidays are an escape for me from bad memories and from the stress of my personal life, they are what I look forward to and they are what keep me going everyday. It sounds silly I know, but itís true.

I just miss old life though generally, researching a holiday, booking a holiday, looking forward to the holiday. Heading into the city on the weekend for food and a wander around, finding new places to visit and new food to enjoy.

I guess overall I just miss normality, or what the meaning of normality is to me.
Fluffypenguin is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Dougie
Imagineer

Dougie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Top of my list is definatley missing going to watch live sport. I love my ice hockey and really miss getting all dressed up in my boots two layer clothing and Nashville Preds bobble hat 😂. Getting to the rink,saying hi to different friends etc... i watch the game at most levels.

Really missing it.
Dougie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I've luckily not been affected to much this year. Been working throughout, only known one friend to have covid. We did our last Florida hol this time last year so only had to cancel our summer hol to gran canaria. Never been one for going out to the pub frequently. Only thing I miss is breathing without a mask on at work.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sam_b View Post
I honestly havenít missed anything! Possibly holidays, but they are so busy itís been nice to have time at home ... and we still managed to get to South Africa in March.

It will be nice to get back to doing things on the list, but I honestly canít say I have missed them... I just make the best of what we have and enjoy the slower pace for a while.

And not travelling allowed us to get these ❤️❤️

I know that I am lucky, but I am genuinely content and unscathed by the pandemic (so far).
they are gorgeous- what breed are they?
Old 21 Nov 20, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

Seems there is only me voted for the pub!😂
Old 21 Nov 20, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
For us the main thing weíve missed is holidays - itís our time to unwind, and although Iíve taken leave from work during the summer, itís not the same. Weíre a bunch of introverts, so havenít felt too affected by the restrictions, as weíre quite happy in our own company.
Got the Florida bug May 2012 villa at Sandy Ridge; May 2013 villa at Lake Berkley; May 2014 villa at Lake Berkley; August 2015 villa at Lake Berkley; May 2016 villa at Lake Berkley; October 2016 New York; August 2017 villa at Chatham Park; July/Aug 2018 villa at Chatham Park; Aug 2019 OKW & villa at Lake Berkley; Dec 2020 New York
mason1 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List