Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Dec 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile Ensuite renovation - ideas needed

So, this is the last room in the house to get some TLC since it was first done 15 or so years ago. It is a total mess and I can't believe I'm going public but it means we're committed if I do that right?

I ripped the floor up 2.5 years ago in the hope it would spur us on to tidy it up a bit but that never happened. But, today the tape measure came out and we started making plans to do it at Christmas when we are both off work.

The ensuite is like Narnia which you access through a wardrobe door.

Everything will be coming out and replaced like for like, although the shower can be slightly bigger with a bit of clever joinery.

Not sure on the exact colour scheme yet but I know I want the shower cubicle to be dark as I use coloured shampoo on my hair! I want to avoid grey or black if possible so considering navy blue. The shower is in a recessed area so would be tiled on 3 sides with a door on the front.

Don't want the same cupboard layout, but instead want a tall cupboard and then sink unit with drawers in it.

The shelves with the towels on will go and so we can have a big towel radiator on what is now the tiled wall. We will also move the toilet over slightly to accommodate the tall cupboard I've mentioned.

I'm so embarrassed..it's such a mess but here goes...

Any inspiration?
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I did ours a few weeks ago
https://DIBB.in/14688846
Old 1 Dec 20, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. Like any renovation I would strip the room completely and then spend a few days playing around with sizes and plans. Nothing like a blank canvas to be able to visualise the end result.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stu View Post
I did ours a few weeks ago
https://DIBB.in/14688846
I followed your renovation, it looks great. Your shower is the same as what ours will be. Are you happy with it? The tiles look great.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
OP. Like any renovation I would strip the room completely and then spend a few days playing around with sizes and plans. Nothing like a blank canvas to be able to visualise the end result.
Would love to but not sure on timings. DH will be doing it when his own business shuts down for Christmas and not sure he'll have time to rip it out before then as he's so busy. We need to get things ordered for Christmas delivery.
Old 1 Dec 20, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
I followed your renovation, it looks great. Your shower is the same as what ours will be. Are you happy with it? The tiles look great.
Yes the Shower is great, it's a Triton Elina Built-In
Old 2 Dec 20, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Gosh yours looks lovely compared to what we faced, but I know photos can be deceptive!

We did ours in June and it is all in my thread - Novice renovators each month, probably not much help though as it is light grey, no tall cupboards and not a recessed shower😂

Good luck, you are brave doing it over Christmas!

Edited at 07:56 AM.
parisdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by parisdisneyfan View Post
Gosh yours looks lovely compared to what we faced, but I know photos can be deceptive!

We did ours in June and it is all in my thread - Novice renovators each month, probably not much help though as it is light grey, no tall cupboards and not a recessed shower😂

Good luck, you are brave doing it over Christmas!
I'll go back and have a look at yours. It's just nice to know someone who was in the same boat as us!

We did the bathroom at Christmas last year and I wasn't too bad. It stops DH getting bored and driving me bonkers 😂
Old 3 Dec 20, 05:47 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

B and Q had lovely blue tiles, I have them around the shower

diy/departments/hydr...2677635_BQ.prd

I have these on the floor

diy/departments/hydr...2677710_BQ.prd
Old 6 Dec 20, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Well we went yesterday and the pressure was on to choose so we could get it ordered.

We've gone for white gloss for the furniture with grey tiles in the shower. I'm thinking a nice lavender painted on the walls and plum colour towels and accessories (this is the brave option) or grey painted walls with lavender towels etc (this is the safe option)

We decided against a concealed shower due to access if anything goes wrong so have gone for this

The sink unit has nice deep drawers.

And then we are getting the matching toilet unit with a rimless pan which I am very excited about

We were going to go for a grey brick tiles but they are out of stock at the moment and then hubby decided bigger tiles will be easier for him to install so I spotted these in the brochure which I really like.

I fancy having the accent border going floor to ceiling behind the shower rather than horizontal. We can also use that as a backsplash behind the sink too maybe.

We have also decided to paint the backs of the wardrobe panels that make up some of the walls in the ensuite. I'm going to venture in to the world of Frenchic for that...wish me luck!

I'll keep you posted over Christmas if anyone is interested.