Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 7 Jul 16, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post

davenport or kissimmee

Have stayed twice before in kissimmee and love the locations emerald island and windsor hills however the prices seem to be so much cheaper for villas in davenport is it really that much further away. If we booked are we still pretty close to the 192 food places etc?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 16, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
tinks_friend
Apprentice Imagineer

Having stayed in lots of areas windsor hills is my fave,ive been back 3 times,personally if i couldnt afford WH i would go towards Kissimmee before i went Davenport.I went to Walmart last week while i was there at Cagans and it seemed too far out but Kissimmee doesnt.I think i have spoiled myself
tinks_friend is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 16, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
arkv1lla
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 13
It's not far at all, maybe 10 minutes difference depending on the community, the ones near the 192 exit on the 27 are not that far.

I always route our guests down a shortcut which takes them down Funie Steed Road

I am booked most of this year, most of next year and have 2018 bookings, our home is extremely popular and is in Davenport - it totally depends on if distance is a big deal to you

I'm sure you'll find somewhere lovely - did you look at the Dibb villas?

Sandra
arkv1lla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 16, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We've stayed at Highgate Park eight times in the last four or five years and I do believe that people do get hung up a bit about being 10 or 15 minutes from the parks.

If you choose to use the 192 you can easily lose or gain 5 minutes if all the lights are against you. Similarly when you arrive at the parking lot you can be lucky and get parked 20 yards from the trolley or right at the far end of the line and face a 5 minute walk to the trolley stop.

As Sandra says the FSR is great and will be even better when they surface the last bit up to Entry Point Boulevard

Mick
Old 7 Jul 16, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
r80rew
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We have stayed at Bahama Bay in Davenport 3 times and could get to Disneys Animal kingdon in 15mins gate to gate. Several routes to take to get to universal etc and never seemed to far away. Plenty of eating places within 10mins drive. I would stay again.
Old 7 Jul 16, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post

thanks for the advice all, to be honest not too bothered really about the traveling to and from the parks as we have been caught up in traffic before anyway it was more about the different food places along the 192 that we really liked but if its only a short drive away it really won't matter i'm sure epecially with a short cut... lol

now for recommendations of villa communities... please
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 16, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
arkv1lla
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 13
Originally Posted by Sallen View Post
thanks for the advice all, to be honest not too bothered really about the traveling to and from the parks as we have been caught up in traffic before anyway it was more about the different food places along the 192 that we really liked but if its only a short drive away it really won't matter i'm sure epecially with a short cut... lol

now for recommendations of villa communities... please
I'd say Highgate but I'm biased ;-)

Sandra
arkv1lla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 16, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Alice2111
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Solana was a nice resort , gated , lovely clubhouse friendly staff . Slightly longer drive to the parks but prices were reasonable . Staying at Windsor Hills this year for the first time so we can be a bit nearer but paid more for the villa.
Alice2111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 16, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn7836
slightly serious Dibber

We have booked Highgate park this time and looking at it seems to have been the right choice. There seems to be more and more opening up around there now conspired to 15 years ago when we last went Davenport area. As others have said there is plenty of routes to get in and around that way so don't let traveling put you off.
martyn7836 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 16, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
AL1S0N
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

I'm in Davenport right now, where the 192 meets h27, our commute to Disney is 20-30 minutes. I absolutely love it here, looking to book again for 2018
AL1S0N is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread