Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Jul 16, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
August heat - parks in the early morning or late afternoon?

We all hate the heat but for some reason are doing August this year I expect that we won't be able to do full days in the parks so what do you think is easier, heat-wise? Getting there for rope drop and leaving early afternoon or going late afternoon and staying until the evening? I'm thinking that early mornings have the advantage of shorter queues so we won't be outside as long but late afternoons might mean that storms have taken the humidity down a bit?

Also, does it cool down significantly once the sun goes down?
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 16, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I would say mornings while its a bit cooler and less busy.. Chance of rain as well in the afternoons.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 16, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
JK's Mummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I would do both... take advantage of the lower crowds in the morning, take a break in the pool when it gets too hot and then return late afternoon/evening.
JK's Mummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 16, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
caro
Excited about Disney

We have never been in August before either, but I have planned early mornings in the parks with the intention of going back for a rest/pool time at the hotel at around midday. I have tentative plans for the evenings that can easily be forgotten about if we are too tired. I have a 3 and 4 year old so will be working at their pace somewhat.
During our second week we are offsite in a villa, so I am planning on swapping it around a bit and having slower mornings then visiting the parks in the evening.
caro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 16, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Atomic01
Excited about Disney

Atomic01's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
August is great, we usually do rope drop, lunch around 11/11.30 the out at 3.30/4ish. Going in the afternoon does kind of leave you at the mercy of the afternoon storm, which generally aren't a major problem but be aware that if there is a lightning strike within a 5 mile radius (I think it's 5) they close a load of the rides for safety. In the end it's up to you, but we're morning people anyway x
Atomic01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 16, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We're doing a mix of both. Couple of early morning starts are the beggining of the holiday while we are still getting up early, but towards the end when we're off site I have planned late afternoon starts so we take it a bit easier and a bit cooler than the mid day sun. I hope!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 16, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
minshus
Excited about Disney

I know it's not August but we're here now. The last week it's been touching 100f everyday and according to the weather reports that is record highs for this time of year.

We've only coped going in the morning, we are at the park for rope drop, we do all the rides and leave the parks after 3 or 4 hours. You can get a lot done before the parks get real busy.
minshus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 16, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post

We go early in the morning, then head back to the villa after lunch for a dip in the pool and to relax. Then out for tea in the evenings.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 16, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Rope drop definitely. The queues are only going to get longer. You can always go back in the evening.
Old 10 Jul 16, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
champagnegirl26
Imagineer

champagnegirl26's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We always plan to hit the park for rope drop, leave by 1-2 pm and return again around 6 pm. This way we miss the biggest crowds, the strongest heat and many of the storms.

June 2007 Masters Inn hotel Kissimmee
June 2008 Disney resort tour
May2009 Oak plantation villas
May 2010 Pop century
May 2014 Dibb villa
Aug 2016 Dibb villa
May 2018 Dibb villa
May 2019 Cumbrian lakes villa.
champagnegirl26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread