Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Aug 16, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
x_Ange_x
Apprentice Imagineer

AMI Lovers - can you recommend a restaurant / live music venue for after wedding

Hi

OH and I are having a very simple intimate Sunset wedding at cedar cove, where we are staying in October.

There will be myself, OH, DD13 and SDS15.

We were hoping to go somewhere afterwards for a nice meal and maybe some live music etc - it will be a saturday night and halloween weekend so good chance there will be entertainment on somewhere.

We have had the Blue Marlin on bridge street recommended but it only seems to serve sea food and the kids unfortunately are not very adventurous so i was wondering if anyone has any other recommendations.

I have read and heard alot about The Sandbar so that is one option I am considering.
Oct 14 Villa, HRH, AMI - Oct 16 Villa, HRH, AMI
OCT 18 Villa, AMI- June 2019 R&R AMI 17 nights
x_Ange_x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 16, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

To be honest, unless I'm missing something I don't think its that sort of place, certainly up the North end. We were at the Sandbar when there was a wedding in July, they set up a private area and I think they may have hired a DJ but it was a fairly big wedding. Bartollis near by was absolutely dead too. To be fair I think Bridge Streets your best bet and I'd be interested in other posts too as we'd like to go back next year and a little bit of live entertainment wouldn't come a miss.

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 16, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
x_Ange_x
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by sandshal View Post
To be honest, unless I'm missing something I don't think its that sort of place, certainly up the North end. We were at the Sandbar when there was a wedding in July, they set up a private area and I think they may have hired a DJ but it was a fairly big wedding. Bartollis near by was absolutely dead too. To be fair I think Bridge Streets your best bet and I'd be interested in other posts too as we'd like to go back next year and a little bit of live entertainment wouldn't come a miss.
I'm have read that a few places have live entertainment on and i believe there is a bar called the drift in on Bridge street which is where alot of thelocals hang out that has live entertainment on if thats what you are looking for.

visitbridgestreet/live-music/

Just after some restaurant recommnedations more than anything - the entertainment would be an added bonus.
x_Ange_x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 16, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Lilyrose
Apprentice Imagineer

Ange, sorry to hijac, we're looking to arrange our wedding and are currently looking at AMI vs St Petes. Cedar cove looks fantastic, but can I please ask for more details on your actual wedding? Many thanks!
Old 12 Aug 16, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
SHREKS OTHER1/2
Imagineer

SHREKS OTHER1/2's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My friend got married at Sandbar ...its the whole reason we first knew about the place after seeing the photos ...Now its a must go place .
Sandbar is lovely and the food and setting ...sunsets are stunning ..you lucky lucky person
05,07,09 Sandy Ridge 11 LA,Vegas,SF 12Miami,Sandy Ridge,AMI 13 Vegas 13 Miami,Disney,AMI,KeyWest 14 Memphis,New Orleans,AMI 15 West Caribbean Cruise & Keys 15 Miami, East Caribbean Cruise & AMI 16 Orlando & West Caribbean Cruise, 16 Barbados,17 MSC Caribbean Cruise AMI,17Georgia,Carolina,Orlando & AMI 18 Vegas ,LA & Palm Springs,18 NewYork,Arkansas ,Dallas 19 Barbados Cruise 19 Florida 20 Vegas,LA& Hawaii 20 Arkansas
SHREKS OTHER1/2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 16, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
x_Ange_x
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lilyrose View Post
Ange, sorry to hijac, we're looking to arrange our wedding and are currently looking at AMI vs St Petes. Cedar cove looks fantastic, but can I please ask for more details on your actual wedding? Many thanks!
Hi

It depends massively on what you are looking for. We just wanted a really simple no fuss get married at sunset affair.

I'm going to be completely honest Cedar Cove have been an absolute nightmare to try and plan through.

So far all i know is that the guy that runs the place will perform the sand ceremony for $180 and they will provide a phoptographer for $200 if we provide an SD card.

I have sent so many emails asked so many questions. I know we just want it simple but i do want a bit more that to just turn up and get married lol.
Old 12 Aug 16, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Mobile

The Beach House sometimes has live music playing out on the deck - it has been renovated recently and is lovely. We had a nice romantic meal on the devk and itsthe same owners as The Sandbar. You may slso get live music at the ground floorbar/restaurant at the Bridgewalk (cant remember name) thats hust across road from Blue Marlin.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 16, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
x_Ange_x
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by bonnies mum View Post
The Beach House sometimes has live music playing out on the deck - it has been renovated recently and is lovely. We had a nice romantic meal on the devk and itsthe same owners as The Sandbar. You may slso get live music at the ground floorbar/restaurant at the Bridgewalk (cant remember name) thats hust across road from Blue Marlin.
Thankyou - i have just emailed them so very happy to see your reply
Old 13 Aug 16, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Lilyrose
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by x_Ange_x View Post
Hi

It depends massively on what you are looking for. We just wanted a really simple no fuss get married at sunset affair.

I'm going to be completely honest Cedar Cove have been an absolute nightmare to try and plan through.

So far all i know is that the guy that runs the place will perform the sand ceremony for $180 and they will provide a phoptographer for $200 if we provide an SD card.

I have sent so many emails asked so many questions. I know we just want it simple but i do want a bit more that to just turn up and get married lol.
Thank you for your reply! We do just want super simple, no frills!

I've had a quote from a notary for a wedding I the St Petes area for $250 for a ceremony including photos ( she uses student photographers, but we are fine with that!) the notary we've gone through so far has been wonderful, but as we are now looking at AMI instead of St Petes I'm not sure if she'll come down there? I'll email to check of course.

Was just wondering if it'd be simpler to arrange the wedding and accommodation together? But if she won't do AMI, I might just look for an alternative notary separately, thank you!
Old 15 Aug 16, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post

The Sandbar.

Beautiful setting.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread