Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 7 Mar 12, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post

WDW tickets have arrived - finger scan?

My ticjets have arrived but there werent what I was expecting. They just look like really little business cards. Do i need to exchange these for 'proper' tickets when I get there or are these the actual tickets? The website I ordered from was recommended on here and it says you receive actual tickets.

Also, I've heard people say they scan your finger prints - Do I need to do this at a ticket office or something before I visit a park for the first time?

First time and starting to panic about little things! x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 12, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post

If they have a black strip, like a magnetic strip on a credit card, and a signature strip, usually a disney character on the other side, then that's your tickets! Should have some T&Cs on reverse too.
Old 7 Mar 12, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Forgot to say fingerprint scans are just done at the turnstile going into the parks. Have fun!
Old 7 Mar 12, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
jane2211
Very Serious Dibber

They sound like real tickets finger print at turnstiles dont worry and enjoy
Old 7 Mar 12, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillytot
Trying for More Ears

Hi,

When we went last year the universal tickets looked like business cards (i.e. paper) and the WDW tickets were more like credit cards (i.e. plastic) with character pics on the front. Your fingerprint will be scanned when you enter the park at the turnstiles so you don't need to worry about that, just concentrate on having fun!

Enjoy
Tillytot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 12, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
plutofan1
Imagineer

The tickets I got this year were just paper ones ! but as DD was signing me as a castmember guest I did get a new one each day -
and they were all different characters - which I was really please about.
plutofan1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 12, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
dodgeintrepid
Excited about Disney

I'm always really disappointed with the tickets and wish they were more substantial! But it's lovely to get them!
dodgeintrepid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 12, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney2010
Imagineer

Disney2010's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Originally Posted by Walk_Disney View Post
My ticjets have arrived but there werent what I was expecting. They just look like really little business cards. Do i need to exchange these for 'proper' tickets when I get there or are these the actual tickets? The website I ordered from was recommended on here and it says you receive actual tickets.

Also, I've heard people say they scan your finger prints - Do I need to do this at a ticket office or something before I visit a park for the first time?

First time and starting to panic about little things! x
Yep. They sound like the tickets
The finger scan is taken the first time you use it at the gates of any Disney park/water park. So after that you need to remember whose ticket is whose.

xxx
Old 8 Mar 12, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Disney2010 View Post
Yep. They sound like the tickets
The finger scan is taken the first time you use it at the gates of any Disney park/water park. So after that you need to remember whose ticket is whose.

xxx
And which finger you used

We haven't had the nice plastic credit card type tickets since 2007
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 12, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
All the Disney/Universal/Seaworld tickets we've ever had have been credit card sized, paper tickets. We've never had any plastic ones. These are real tickets - you just walk up to the turnstiles and use them.

As for the fingerprint scan, you do this at the turnstiles. It only takes a few seconds. Make sure to sign your tickets so then you know whose ticket is whose. The first fingerprint scan will match that finger with the card you use so each person subsequently has to use their particular card.

At least the Disney ones have characters on them. The Universal ones we've had just have the boring logo on them.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread