Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Jun 17, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I had a fiat 500 for 6 years (from new) and had absolutely no problems or issues with it. I loved it! The only reason we upgraded is because I'm commuting on the motorway and it wasn't really appropriate for that! But otherwise I wouldn't have changed!
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post

They were originally known as the F**T (flatulence!) 500 as they were about as much use! They're come on a long way since those early days of the late 1950's but if I was in the market for a small car, I'd look at a Nissan Micra. A relative has had three so far and hasn't had a problem with any of them. They retain their value as well.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
axxxl
Imagineer

Mobile

I passed my driving test two weeks ago and got myself a 16 plate Fiat 500. It's a 1.2 so pretty nippy - costs around £30 for a full tank and looks nice. My other half who is 6ft4 has no problems fitting in it. City mode makes parking incredibly easy. I love it so far!
Old 25 Jun 17, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
RC22
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by justacey View Post
35mpg! I hate it if my car does less than 50mpg. I always reset the counter and fill to full so work it out every time.
My Aygo I had previously did 45 and that was just a 10 minute trip twice a day in busy traffic.
Apples and oranges comparison though. The Abarth 500 is a sports car rather than a city car. 35mpg is pretty decent mileage for a sporty hatchback. You'd never get close to 50+mpg in an Abarth, but you shouldn't really be expecting too. Abarth being Fiat's tuning/racing department, so Abarth's are basically souped up 500s. You can get Abarth Puntos and Spyders too.

There's some 500s such as the diesels or Twin-Air that claim 60+mpg on paper though I imagine in real life somewhere in the 40s is more accurate.

All depends on how heavy your right foot is! 🤣

Basically, there's a 500 to suit lots of different requirements.
March 2010 I-Drive Quality Inn International Nov 2011 I-Drive Homewood Suites Oct 2012 The Dibb fave Coral's Villa Lindfields Aug 2013 Blue Heron Resort Aug 2014 NY & Orlando Cane Island 10yr Wedding Anniversary., Oct 2016 Windsor Palms, Royal Pacific and Disney Dream Cruise , Aug 2017 Emerald Island Oct 2019 Emerald Island & Vero Beach Aug 22 Glenbrook villa The First Bite That Gets You Hooked. Trip Report
RC22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I have one in mint green and absolutely love it, never had any issues with it *touch wood* and would definitely recommend
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
fl-veteran
Imagineer

Nothing wrong with a modern FIAT.

You'll get all the 'jokes' from 25 years ago such as "Fix It Again Tony" or they only have rear screen heaters to keep your hands warm when you're pushing them. What a load of nonsense.

They're as good as any similarly priced car manufacturer these days - if you like it go for it .
Old 25 Jun 17, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
I love my car fiat 500... I had it for nearly 2 half years and love it...

I am wee lady... I drove it to work back and forth...

Also I have hearing dog and i put her back seat, no problem, she is comfortable, not boot...
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
leenkerri
Imagineer

Thanks all. It will only be for when she's doing short journeys for work, more a play thing. We have other cars for long journeys and transporting muddy dogs!

She will probably get her way

Lee: QIP 1990; Fantasy world villas 1992; QIP 1996
Lee & Kerri: QIP 2008; QIP/AKL 2009; POR 2010; QIP/SSR 2011
leenkerri is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Young Pooh
Apprentice Imagineer

I am on my second one and am considering a third one when I come to change this one at the end of the year.

Not had any problems with either of them and think they are a fun little car - love the styling both inside and out.

My husband is 6'2 and has no problem driving it - if we go out as a family in it he insists on driving even though he is used to his much larger Quashqi.

Young Pooh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Mobile

I had one for 2 years and loved it, nippy wee thing and quite economical with fuel I thought.
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List