Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Mar 18, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
I love walmart
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Another good quality ready prepared raw food is Nutriment. They do bulk deliveries but my freezer is tiny so I buy from a local pet shop instead.
My dog has only ever eaten this so I can’t compare to kibble. But I can say her poo doesn’t smell much and is really well formed. She hardly ever has wind. Her coat is very silky. She hardly ever has ‘dog breath’. It’s a winner with me.
I love walmart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 18, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

My pup poops 3-4 times a day on kibble very windy and not smelling great. He looks great very shiny silky coat and gaining weight just not sure about a solid kibble diet forever. He loves raw carrot and a bit apple (no seeds) and he will chew on a big raw bone every now and then.
Old 7 Mar 18, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
I've been on the natural instinct website and had a read. Found a good place about an hour from me that supplies raw food. I read that you should do a gradual switch over 7-10 days. I've just bought another huge bag of kibbles so will prob do it when Im half way thro that. Gross question but is their poop solid? Makes picking up so much easier 😆 My pup is a 6m springer I've found puppy working and normal raw food. Not sure what to give him. While he's not going to be a true working dog he's very active. Is it more expensive than kibble if you buy it prepared? Are their poops stinky?
We feed the working dog. We used to feed the normal range and haven’t noticed any difference with the working except there’s no VAT.

To feed our 3 they need 1.1kg per day, and it’s about £2 a kilo (including our 30% breeder discount - so would be about £3 without it).

Poops are way better than when we fed kibble - there’s less of them and what they produce is smaller and firmer (and less smelly). The spaniels are also less windy.
Old 7 Mar 18, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
hipthehippo
Imagineer

Our boy is fed a BARF diet - it was recommended by the breeder and he's in brilliant condition. He is a bit of a fussy eater TBH and we have swapped suppliers - he's had had Natural Instincts, Wolf Tucker, Nutriment, Natures Menu and is currently on Jack Wolf. We've noticed the if we stick to one brand he starts to reduce his food intake after a couple of months. The only brand that I pick up in store is the Natures Menu - I buy the blocks of plain meat (beef, chicken, turkey, chicken and lamb) and bags of their cubed chopped veggies. Just defrost, mix and serve. The other brands deliver and obviously the bigger the order, the better the value as you pay for delivery. I can only fit around 10kg in the dog's freezer - I bought a small table top freezer for his food. He doesn't like tripe or fish, so don't have a problem with those. I actually find it less smelly than tinned food - and his breath doesn't smell - unless he's been chewing lamb bones

He's loving his Jack Wolf at the moment both their original range and their Primal range which is venison based. You need to check when you're buying whether it already has veggies included and if not, you need to add those to the meat base. He also has Orijen, which is a raw based kibble - he has a bit every day and if we're going away we take that with us if it's somewhere that doesn't have a freezer.

Growing old is mandatory, but, growing up is optional
"Live a Life that Matters" - Michael Josephson - RIP Dad 20.07.05
2006, 2007 - Rolling Hills / 2008 - Villa - can't remember! / 2009, 2010 - Sunset Lakes / 2011 - Indian Creek / 2012 - Sunset Lakes / 2013 - Emerald Island / 2014, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2023 - Sunset Lakes
hipthehippo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 18, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
axxxl
Imagineer

Mobile

We tried raw with our Springer and it just didn’t agree with her. We had 3 nights of explosive accidents all over the bedroom 🙈

Never tried it since but we feed Millie’s Wolfheart which is great quality food.
Old 7 Mar 18, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Poppycat
Imagineer

Poppycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
We use Natures Menu and our dog loves it, he was weaned on to their puppy nuggets and we've kept him on the frozen (thawed) nuggets ever since. We also give him their tinned food as a change and occasionally use Arden Grange dried food for convenience if we are away. Poop is firm and non smelly, his coat looks great and no doggy breath either.

We tried the starter pack of Nutriment and although it arrived quickly and their service was great, our dog didn't like it. We wasted so much he just refused to eat.
Poppycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 18, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

We put our westie onto raw about a year ago. He has a sensitive tummy and was pooping blood in the end as his guts were red raw from commercial food. Even the highest quality kibble advised by the vets (who happen to get great incentives from these companies by the way... )
We use jack wolf, comes ready made, frozen, in the exact percentage needed. Has changed his life. No more runs, no more itching (was very bad previously) no more needed his ≈≈≈≈ glands milked as perfectly formed stools, he doesn’t even pass wknd anymore! That or it just doesn’t stink now!
I also give him other natural treats, like fruit, veg, cheese, raw chicken wings. His treats are all grain free, mainly dried sweetpotato and chicken cubes.
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 18, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
jemett
Imagineer

We raw feed our dog, she’s been raw fed from 5 months old. We started her on natural instinct but have found a great pet shop which makes all its own raw food. The company is called Nurture them naturally, she has a FB page and a website and she does deliver. Would highly recommend raw, no smelly poo, only poops once a day, no farting, coat gorgeous and teeth are brilliant.
jemett is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 18, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Mobile

Thanks all been doing more reading on your suggestions.