Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Nov 20, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
irnjaw
Very Serious Dibber

October 2021 booked

So I took the plunge this morning and booked our flights and car for next year.

2 adults, 2 children, Avis Group W and 2 nights in St Pete's £2776 through British Airways.
Flights 02/10/21 GLA-LGW-TPA, 22/10/21 MCO- LHR-GLA
Planning to do only Universal this time with the possibility of 1 day at Magic Kingdom

Feels so great to have a real countdown now. The villa has been booked since December, but that's no use without the plane tickets

Hope we all get back there sooner rather than later
irnjaw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 20, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sophsters
slightly serious Dibber

Our countdown is the same as yours! We are flying Inverness-heathrow-MCO though. We also got a great deal with BA, fingers crossed for us all!

Cumbrian Lakes 2014
Glenbrook 2017
sophsters is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 20, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
irnjaw
Very Serious Dibber

I know! I saw another post you'd put up about booking flights and I saw your countdown. It gave me so much joy! haha

Surely to god we'll make it
irnjaw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 20, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBobby
Excited about Disney

Enjoy! I'm not in the slightest bit envious!

We went in October 2018 & the weather was fantastic!
DisneyBobby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 20, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
irnjaw
Very Serious Dibber

Thank you! We were there last October and will probably continue to return in October. Wish we could go every year but that's not possible for us. Last year was our once-in-a-lifetime holiday, so I'm glad to be getting another next year for my 40th
Old 5 Nov 20, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBobby
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by irnjaw View Post
Thank you! We were there last October and will probably continue to return in October. Wish we could go every year but that's not possible for us. Last year was our once-in-a-lifetime holiday, so I'm glad to be getting another next year for my 40th
We're in exactly the same boat as you, we said 2018 would be "our 1 time only" but we've decided that is just not possible, we're looking to go back in 2024, I'm torn between heading back in October or trying April/May & possibly have longer in the parks.

Hopefully if we go in 2024 it will be our 10th wedding anniversary (Long as the Wife puts up with me)

Let's hope this horrid virus disappears & we can get back to some kind of normality!
DisneyBobby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 20, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
irnjaw
Very Serious Dibber

I've heard April/May is a nice time, but then I also hear about the love bugs and I'm not quite sure I could deal with them. The first time we went, 7 years ago, we went in June and I decided never again. It rained so much, literally 5 days out of the 10 we were there. So October every time for me now. At least at that time of year it's only the odd hurricane to watch out for...

It would be nice to be there for your anniversary! I'm sure the missus would be happy with you - just keep taking her back to Florida every now and then
Old 5 Nov 20, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

April and May are awesome. As is October. We're also lining up 10th wedding and 40th birthdays as a good excuse to book!
Never came across the bugs tho?
Wolf1984 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 20, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
irnjaw
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Wolf1984 View Post
Never came across the bugs tho?
That's reassuring! My 40th is in April but it's the 6th which is basically Easter next year so prices were way out of our range. However I'd be happy to splurge for my 50th...

I'm sure I'm not making the love bug thing up haha
Old 6 Nov 20, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

No I have heard about them. Maybe just didn't notice them as an issue. After a couple of margaritas in that sunshine not much bothers me!
Wolf1984 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List