Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Jul 21, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by HFJohnson View Post
I don't but the vlogger Brogan Tate reviewed one on her channel recently. They look really good but v expensive!
Did the blogger buy it though. So many are given the items to review and flog
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by twogoto View Post
Thanks ladies, sounds great! Does it leave your hair as straight as it would be if you used a straightening iron?
If it’s humid or wet out I need to run the straighteners over mine to ensure it stays.

I have the dyson straighteners, those I wouldn’t recommend for the cost.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Thanks!
Is the hairdryer part powerful enough to dry your full hair? I have quite thick hair so this is something I’m unsure of!
It isn’t designed to do that, I expect it could although the hairdryer bit is much smaller than the actual dyson hairdryer which I also have from a few years ago. But drying your hair fully with the hairdryer attachment seems to be somewhat defeating the purpose of the air wrap, I think it is included to get hair from wet to damp rather than dry.

Thanks ladies, sounds great! Does it leave your hair as straight as it would be if you used a straightening iron?
No not as good as straighteners. I find it good enough for the day, but for example I straightened yesterday but this morning it would need straighteners on it (if I wanted to) whereas if I had used straighteners yesterday it would have lasted another day.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

I got one for my Birthday in May and WOW ..I LOVE it! I have mostly had short hair all my life and recently grown it. It's easy to use and I have found my hair is in much better condition using it rather than GHD's all the time. Really is worth the money
Old 29 Jul 21, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
I’ve had mine 3.5 years and it’s fab, it dries my hair in 1/3 of time of a normal dryer .
Gives great bounce with the round barrel brush and fab curls with the barrels.
If I use the straight brush for a straight look then I don’t have to touch my hair for days

Wouldn’t be without it..
Old 29 Jul 21, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
sharon190980
Excited about Disney

I had mine 2 months before selling as I didn’t rate it at all. The hairdryer attachment took longer to dry my hair than my regular hairdryer I’ve had for years (reminded me of the power you get from hairdryers you get in hotel rooms stuck to the wall).
Didn’t straighten my hair as much as I liked compared to my GHDs and the curls just dropped out of my hair within an hour no matter what or how much hair product I used.
sharon190980 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
shefox
Apprentice Imagineer

Yeah I wouldn't take much notice of some of the vlogger reviews, they would sell their souls for sixpence, as my Nan used to say.
shefox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 21, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahmarie173
Apprentice Imagineer

I have one and wouldn't be without it, once you master the curl its bloody amazing!

it dries my hair thoroughly although they say not to dry it dead dry if your going to use the curling part, it does however, take a lot of time to get the result you want and I don't rate the straightening brushes I get better results from my remingtons . The rest of it is brilliant