Notices

Old 1 Aug 21, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Thought I’d do the ESTAs today. Rather do them before I book flights just in case That was quite stressful doing them! All approved thankfully within an hour Phew!
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 21, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Thought I’d do the ESTAs today. Rather do them before I book flights just in case That was quite stressful doing them! All approved thankfully within an hour Phew!
Oh, it’s such a relief when they’re approved. Did ours the others night - never been so stressed doing them!
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 21, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
Oh, it’s such a relief when they’re approved. Did ours the others night - never been so stressed doing them!
I know I’ve done so many times but my mind turns to jelly.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 21, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Just catching up- came back to this thread to see what was going on after I saw your posts about LA flights on the trip planning thread!
Not crazy at all- we’ve thought of doing this at some point also- definitely want to do the west coast including Disneyland in the next 2-3 years so can’t wait to read about your experience.
Think I’ve mentioned this before but there is a dibber ( Life with Lisa) on You Tube who did a ‘both coast trip’/ they are really good vlogs and what gave us the idea.
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 21, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by jojo_3596 View Post
Just catching up- came back to this thread to see what was going on after I saw your posts about LA flights on the trip planning thread!
Not crazy at all- we’ve thought of doing this at some point also- definitely want to do the west coast including Disneyland in the next 2-3 years so can’t wait to read about your experience.
Think I’ve mentioned this before but there is a dibber ( Life with Lisa) on You Tube who did a ‘both coast trip’/ they are really good vlogs and what gave us the idea.
Thanks for reading. I did watch them a couple of years ago but I might revisit them. It's something I've had in my mind to do for a few years and just decided this is the time to do it!
Old 9 Aug 21, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
So this week's little update as we have decided on a tour of LA and Hollywood. We have 5 park days planned but felt probably it was one too many so on the third day we are going to do a tour. We can always visit one of the parks in the evening.

I'm looking at companies and have found one that seems good. It's an 8 hour tour of the main sights in LA and Hollywood. You get out at each location to have a look around. I think this will be ideal for us as as it gives us a chance to see some of the sites without worrying about driving there and parking etc(and also ending up on the wrong side of the tracks) They pick us up from our yet to be decided hotel in Anaheim and the cost is $89 per person. What I like is that we would be able to get out at each location because it would be no good for Evie just being in the vehicle as she wouldn't see too much. I think we're all very excited about doing this as it would be a shame to go all that way and not see some of the sights. We know it will be in a safe, controlled tour. A long day I'm sure but one that will be exciting.

Conscious that I'm neglecting the Disney World and Universal side of planning but I'll be cracking on with that once I have got the flights and hotel booked next month for Anaheim.
Old 13 Aug 21, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
First booking for California done

I’ve booked 6 nights at the Howard Johnson Anaheim. I’ve booked a superior room with 2 queen beds. It has a park view so hoping we can see the fireworks. It’s just across the road from the parks and a 10 minute walk to the front entrances. It has a nice pool and a good reputation as a family hotel. It cost £1145 for the 6 nights so £190 a night. There are cheaper but they are motel style which I don’t like. There are also far more expensive.

It’s a free deposit and pay at the hotel. Really excited.

Flights to book early next month and then I’ll concentrate on some Orlando planning.
Old 15 Aug 21, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
VIP Dibber

I’ve got a bit behind with your planning and the changes! The DL addition sounds like a fab idea and brings a whole new world of research. Roll on September and nailing down the flights
2019 DCL - Northern Europe
2020 YC/HRH - delayed to 2022
2021 DCL - 4 night Staycation
2022 YC/HRH v2!, 2023 DCL - Alaska
2024 DCL - Spain
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 21, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by SuziQz View Post
I’ve got a bit behind with your planning and the changes! The DL addition sounds like a fab idea and brings a whole new world of research. Roll on September and nailing down the flights
Thank you it’s all a bit confusing this pre trip report I started it to early when I thought my plans were concrete! Most changed plan ever I think!
Old 24 Aug 21, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Beachgirl71
Proud to wear my Ears

I just love your report!
Beachgirl71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List