Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 31 Jul 17, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sophsters
slightly serious Dibber

The Hendo's Dream Florida Holiday..Take Two- Day 11. Islands of Adventure and the Cheescake Factory!

Day 11 already... the end of our second US trip was nearing...but we werent done yet!

We got up and out the door at a reasonable time heading for Universal, and stopped just before we got there at Perkins and a few trainer shops yet again. Perkins was heaving, but good food again and we made it to Islands of adventure for around 11.

The Hulk was very busy, spiderman too... so we walked round to Kong but it was quite busy. Jurassic Park wasnt too bad so we waitied about an hour to ride that. That was a sweaty wait, but i love that ride so it was worth it. We went to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and rode the Forbidden journey, and almost walked on to the dragon challenge... funny how things work in the parks.

We then were so hot we ducked into Poseidons Fury for some cool air, we hadnt been here before but werent all that impressed, and left into a thunderstorm which shut everything down. We left via Kong which had dropped to a 40 min wait so we went in. We loved it! I had heard many not so good reviews about this but it was much better than i had thought! Pleasently surprised. We headed past Spiderman which was a decent wait but the boys wanted to do it again, and then headed off to the Cheesecake factory at Mall of Mellennia... i had waitied so long for this!

We had to dash from the car as it was still raining heavily, and then had a small wait for a table. I couldnt wait to have some macaroni cheese as id had a side dish of it the first time we visited and it was heavenly, so myself and my son both asked for it as it wasnt on the menu. The waiter said they could just do the one from the kids menu but double it, and we were happy with that. But when it came i was so dissapointed. It was plain, no cheese on top like last time, no side of garlic bread or chips or anything, we should have asked... and it didnt taste very nice. So gutted... everyone elses food was pretty good so i consolled myself with a chunk of mega chocolate cheescake to take home (which took me another 3 days to finish) and we left to return to IOA.

The rain was still on but getting lighter, it had helped to empty the park a good bit. So we rode spiderman again, Kong, Jurassic Park and the Forbidden journey again, and then headed to the Hulk... yippee!

The kids wanted to ride Rip Saw falls and dragged their dad on... im so glad i didnt go on as they came out drenched. Not a dry bit on them and they squelched on towards the Hulk. last time we rode it it was before it had been done up, the queue was about 55 mins but we had to do it. It went by quick although the kids felt a little cold being so wet.

AMAZING! Hulk is by far the best ride in Universal and now he kind of screem/growl/roars as you shoot out at top speed it makes it even better, even to watch from the ground. Riding at night is really good fun too, we havent done that before. We came off and rushed back on again, hoping to get on even though the park was near to closing, but we made it, and it made our night!

We grabbed a Coldstone Creamery ice cream and sat and watched the boats on the water at Citywalk, and again admired Toothsome all lit up at night, and headed home. I didnt take enough pictures this day but maybe because we were running from ride to ride. Another great day

Cumbrian Lakes 2014
Glenbrook 2017
sophsters is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List