Notices

Old 27 Jun 21, 01:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Dollymixture
Excited about Disney

Yes it was Elliott! I still can’t forgive myself for totally missing the signs of how much he was struggling! Even looking back at the photos I can see it now.
I don’t want to go into too much detail, but we were very lucky it didn’t end up a lot worse.
He had amazing support as soon as we got back to the UK though, that and medication saved his life. He is now a very happy, helpful young man with two pet bunnies who he adores, volunteers at a rabbit rescue, and has a place at college in September, so things are much brighter now

My youngest has also now been diagnosed yes! She is very good at hiding it but is struggling more as she’s getting older. She suffered with abdominal migraines which are triggered by anxiety and was out of school for 18months until the paediatrician found medication that has massively helped, so she started back at school after last lockdown
- so far so good!

Sorry it has taken me ages to update why we never finished the trip report - even now I can’t read it!
Dollymixture is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 21, 04:38 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

So glad to hear they are doing well now. My autistic daughter wasn't diagnosed until 14. No one even suspected it until she was 13. So many girls can hide it until puberty it is shocking. My daughter also developed serious illnesses related to stress and anxiety before we had any idea she was autistic. I feel her issues were completely ignored at secondary school because she was a quiet, unhappy girl hiding in the back instead of causing any disruption.
Old 20 Jul 21, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Denise78
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I've just found this trip reports and have really enjoyed reading them.

I'm sorry to read your update. Glad to hear Elliott is doing better now.
My son was diagnosed with Autism last year age 13. He has been suffering with horrendous anxiety the last couple of years too.
It's so hard watching your own child suffering like that isn't it.
Sept 2010 SSR
Jan/Feb 2012 Villa
Denise78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List