Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Don't Be Grumpy! Feb 19- Travel Day

Travel Day- 20th Feb 19
Or, why I hate travel days

This travel day got off to a rocky start when I couldn't sleep due to not feeling very well. Thankfully by the morning I was feeling better and we could get going.

The taxi came at 7:45am and we took rather a long route to Gatwick through several small villages but it was fine, we would be really early anyway. North Terminal was fairly quiet and security was passed without too much issue.

Then we had breakfast at the Red Lion Wetherspoons- bacon roll and orange juice for me, eggs royale for mum. All delicious, although the portion size wasn't particularly good value. Next was Boots for the essential sandwiches, water and snacks stop and then back to the special assistance lounge to chill until our gate was called. The special assistant lounge is after security in North Terminal and is a nice little space to relax before your flight, so much calmer than the main terminal.

I dozed off or tried to which is a little dangerous when you're waiting for your plane to be called. Luckily for me, the sofas weren't comfortable enough to do more than drifting in and out of sleep.

We were on plane Ladybird and suffered a rather bumpy flight with TONS of turbulence. Had the seatbelt on sign on over Canada, where Mum got some great pictures of land but sadly once we reached the shores of the US couldn't get any more because of the thick clouds covering much of the latter part of our journey.

The cabin crew were very good today, especially with Mum when it was her turn to feel unwell but can't say the same about the food. The pasta with a pesto dressing was nice, but I wasn't too keen on the sausages with mash main. The pesto and mozzarella roll later wasn't much cop either.

Entertainment wise I watched Tangled, well, dozed through Tangled, Mamma Mia 2 and part of Moana. TV choice was a bit poor, but I found an episode of QI to watch. The seatback Tvs really need to be updated- mine was very unresponsive.

We landed more or less on time and thankfully got through immigration very quickly because the assistance people saw my sunflower lanyard and directed us through a shorter line. Suitcases were, as usual, the last ones out but all in all it was a fairly smooth and quick experience.

We took the Magical Express and were the last stop of 3 resorts, eventually reaching Port Orleans Riverside at 7:45 in the evening. We got checked in and had some dinner in the food court- a very tasty turkey dinner for me with nice thick juicy slices of meat, mash, green beans and cornbread and Mum had a chicken salad sandwich.

We met a very kind CM on our way out who helped us get the luggage to the room- then sort things out when the room we were assigned wasn't ready to even be occupied again. We were given another room not far from the original one and pretty much dumped the suitcases in, got our pyjamas on and went to bed.

These pics are from the next morning. Isn't POR beautiful?

Edited at 02:39 PM.
Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Lovely start, a not too stressful travel day.
Old 25 Apr 21, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Sweetie Babes
VIP Dibber

Sweetie Babes's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 32

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
I brought that Metal Earth puzzle home, lovely removed it from my case and put it somewhere safe - and haven't seen it since! I was hoping it would turn up when we moved house, but alas it did not.

So sad, especially as the arch has been repainted (and they don't do that particular design anymore anyway).

Regarding the arch teeshirt, we bought it for Emma when hubby and I returned to Disney on our own in late February 2020 - literally 2 weeks before everything shut down!
Nov03: 14nts Travelodge/ Feb05: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Aug06: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Apr08: 10nts villa White Oak Circle/ Feb11: 14nts condo Sweetwater Circle/ Feb12: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb13: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb14: 7nts CBR/ Mar15: 14nts AoA/ Nov15: 7nts OKW(DVC)/ Aug16: 2nts BLT/ 6nts AKL/ Sep17: 8nts OKW/3nts BLT/ Sep18: 1nt GFV/9nts OKW/ Feb19: 5nts POR/3nts GFV/ Feb20: 8nts AKL/ Apr22: 3nts OKW/8nts GFV / May23: 9nts BLT / Apr24: 14nts villa Seasons Blvd
Sweetie Babes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List