Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 7 Jun 21, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

We love Tuskers breakfast,I think eventually they'll go back to being a buffet again.Hot Flame World Buffet up here is fantastic and always really busy, they're supposedly opening again soon,we went last year when they reopened after the first lockdown,it all worked well with santising,masks on up at the buffet and no kids going up on their own.
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 21, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MamatoFelix View Post
I’m probably in the minority because I actually like buffets! Boma and Tusker House were my favourites. Agree with others that it’s surprising there’s no plant based option like Garden Grill, Whispering Canyon Cafe etc.
There will be a plant option, Garden Grill doesn't openly advertise its plant option on the main menu either but it's readily available. Once it reopens and people can get their hands on the full menus, then we'll know what the substitutions will be.

I'm guessing breakfast will swap the eggs to Just Egg, ditch the bacon and use vegan versions of the sausage and waffles. So the only real change will be the curry dish.

Dinner will be more interesting to see what they do though. All of the sides already have vegan options on property so probably similar, that just leaves the meats. Maybe beyond beef and gardein chicken, similar to what they do for the WCC skillet.

Edited at 07:18 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 21, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
We love Tuskers breakfast,I think eventually they'll go back to being a buffet again.Hot Flame World Buffet up here is fantastic and always really busy, they're supposedly opening again soon,we went last year when they reopened after the first lockdown,it all worked well with santising,masks on up at the buffet and no kids going up on their own.
Any Livingstone or thereabouts Dibbers,Hot Flame World Banquet Buffet is opening tomorrow.
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 21, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Rawhide
Very Serious Dibber

Tusker House Character Breakfast Buffet was literally the only dining experience I could get agreement from everyone on. I’ll be disappointed if it doesn’t return close to its original format (and menu) and will seriously consider our options.

Having said that, we’re looking at 2023, so I’m hoping that a vague approximation of normality will be in place.
Rawhide is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 21, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
MamatoFelix
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
There will be a plant option, Garden Grill doesn't openly advertise its plant option on the main menu either but it's readily available. Once it reopens and people can get their hands on the full menus, then we'll know what the substitutions will be.

I'm guessing breakfast will swap the eggs to Just Egg, ditch the bacon and use vegan versions of the sausage and waffles. So the only real change will be the curry dish.

Dinner will be more interesting to see what they do though. All of the sides already have vegan options on property so probably similar, that just leaves the meats. Maybe beyond beef and gardein chicken, similar to what they do for the WCC skillet.
Yes, I follow a few Disney World vegan blogs so I’ll be interested to see when it opens 👍🏻

Also you’re right, I forgot they don’t advertise the veggie option for garden grill.
California, Arizona and Nevada - 19
MamatoFelix is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

The vegan breakfast option has been announced. Looks about what I was expecting! No word on dinner yet though.

vegandisneyfood/vegan-br...nimal-kingdom/

Edited at 12:39 PM.
Old 20 Jun 21, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

The vegan option sounds good and perfect for our family of veggies/vegans. We have booked for August, if we get to go 😬
Old 22 Jun 21, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
MamatoFelix
VIP Dibber

The vegan breakfast looks yummy except the bread - that’s a bit disappointing compared to the omni option.
California, Arizona and Nevada - 19
MamatoFelix is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
The vegan breakfast option has been announced. Looks about what I was expecting! No word on dinner yet though.

vegandisneyfood/vegan-br...nimal-kingdom/
$42 + tax + tip for that - wow!
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
$42 + tax + tip for that - wow!
It looked better in the pre-launch images, there were doughnuts (and maybe some other pastries?) instead of that sad bread side that they ended up with on the day.

But yes