Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 10 Jun 21, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
lynne6705
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Paying OOP Disney Springs

Like many of us on here this year will be our first visit without the Dining Plan (if we get there)
Three of us going, all eating off adult menu
Staying at Wyndham Garden Lake so near to Disney Springs and ADR date is fast approaching
Looking at menus under a whole different light now we are paying (yes I know we paid before with the "Free" Dining plan
and just wondered if any good recommendations for 5 places at Disney Springs. We are staying offsite for the remainder of our holiday so keen to spend these 5 nights in Disney Springs
We originally had Boathouse, George Wine Bar, Terralina, Edison Diner and then Teppan Edu over at Epcot
Thanks
Old 10 Jun 21, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We enjoyed Wolfgang Puck (it was the only restaurant DH said he would have paid OOP for whilst we were on the dining plan) and also Homecoming was good, plenty of choice on the menu for snacks and meals. Polite Pig was also another favourite- if you like bbq.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

We used to love Wolfgang Puck Express at Disney Springs, but unfortunately it's closed, leaving only the table service restaurant which we've never tried.
Our firm favourite is Blaze pizza. Delicious freshly made pizzas where you chose all the toppings yourself - a bit like the way you do at Subway, but it's pizza instead. They're sooo good! It's QS though, not TS.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Blaze yes and Earl of sandwich , d lux burger also good. Boathouse is nice for lunch and not as expensive . I actually find they are good value for money and don’t mind paying oop. It really opens your eyes when paying oop.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
For value, at least in Disney terms, Blaze and Earl of Sandwich are hard to beat.

D-Luxe is also good at "posh burger" prices.

Polite Pig seems very well liked - we've not been there yet, but even as a veggie I think I could eat well there.

We always seem to eat at Splitsville - it's a good menu for us with a lot of sushi options as well as a lot of other stuff, although I confess I always end up thinking "how much?!?" when we get the bill.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

If you haven't already have you thought about getting a Landry Card? if costs $25 but you get $25 credit loaded onto the card and if your birthday month falls while your away (they don't ask for ID) you'll also get a $25 free (I don't believe you can combine them anymore) but it also does get you to the front of the queue for Rainforst cafe, T-Rex, Yak & Yeti, Bubba Gump Shrimp.

Polite Pig, Chicken Guy & Blaze Pizza are all good for more quick service restaurants at DS.

Wine bar george is great, Homecomin too. I wouldn't go to the boat house unless on the dinning the plan as it is over priced IMO. The sushi at splitsville is surprisingly good too.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
There’s a lot of good QS places at DS now. Last trip we ate at Polite Pig, D-Luxe Burger and Chicken Guy and enjoyed them all. The Landry card is also a good tip.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Homecomin x5

Ok, some other recommendations - note I mostly do QS...
Chicken Guy
Polite Pig
Blaze
D-Luxe
Daily Poutine

And some new places on my definitely try snack list...
Gideon's (but go during the week and get there early - the queue is insanely long)
Everglazed

Boathouse is a better choice OOP than on DDP, so I would keep that on the list if you like it.

Edited at 12:54 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Mobile

QS - polite pig, Blaze and D-Luxe burger
TS - we’ve always had a good meal at House of Blues, want to try City Works and Splitsville is usually good. I will definitely be trying Wine Bar George
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Homecomin’ 100%.

The Boathouse is 2 credits on DDP and not worth that from when I’ve looked at the menu. We plan to go there while not on the DDP this October (fingers crossed) as it’s actually quite affordable and not deluxe prices other than for very few items.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List