Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Jul 21, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa-72
Imagineer

Lisa-72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile Renewing driving license

Mine expired Oct last year and was automatically extended by 11 months and my reminder came today.
Go through all the information online that it asks for to be told can’t do it as passport isn’t valid.

Called them and they confirmed that new passports where no signature is used on the online application cannot be used. Have to renew by post and get more photos to do this and factoring in all the above will cost me twice as much to do so.

Not impressed!

Sssshhhh it was a secret, March 2010 Econo Lodge 1st Visit
Lisa-72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 21, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa-72
Imagineer

Lisa-72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

No one else had any issues?

Sssshhhh it was a secret, March 2010 Econo Lodge 1st Visit
Lisa-72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 21, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

No, but friend has been waiting for her new one to arrive since January.
Anne is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 21, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

My driving licence was also extended due to covid so I ordered a new one a month or two ago and I was surprised how easy it was to do online and they used my old passport picture (I didn't have to send it to them - I just gave them my passport number) and it arrived within a week.

Although I'm surprised they used a photo from passport that was taken over 9 years ago😀
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 21, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

My dad has been awaiting rtn of his for 4 months , however when he looked on line a month ago his 7.5ton c1 has now been removed so hopefully itll be back soon.
Old 14 Jul 21, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa-72 View Post
Mine expired Oct last year and was automatically extended by 11 months and my reminder came today.
Go through all the information online that it asks for to be told can’t do it as passport isn’t valid.

Called them and they confirmed that new passports where no signature is used on the online application cannot be used. Have to renew by post and get more photos to do this and factoring in all the above will cost me twice as much to do so.

Not impressed!
I got a new passport and then renewed my driving license no issue, and it took the new photo from my new passport?
Old 14 Jul 21, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
My driving licence was also extended due to covid so I ordered a new one a month or two ago and I was surprised how easy it was to do online and they used my old passport picture (I didn't have to send it to them - I just gave them my passport number) and it arrived within a week.

Although I'm surprised they used a photo from passport that was taken over 9 years ago😀
Exactly this, my husband renewed his 2 months ago, very simple online and new one within a week.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 21, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I renewed mine in November when I changed my registered address - new one arrived less than a week later using old passport photo. I signed for a friends license last month (he is American living in London on a visa so I had to sign back of photo as retired professional etc etc) his arrived back in just over a week - his first provisional UK licence
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 21, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. Went to the main post office and did it there, had my licence back in under a week. I think postal applications are taking a lot longer at the moment.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 21, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Mobile

Mine expired in March of this year so last year, I thought I’d wait until Feb to renew it and put a reminder in my phone. In January a brand new one turned up without me having to do anything!
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List