Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 28 Apr 12, 04:33 AM  
Link to this Post
chaddymatt
Excited about Disney

where to park for Amway?

hi all, just bought tickets to watch magic in the play offs on Wednesday night at the Amway and looking for advice on parking. Anyone advise on how much time to give for getting to the arena, where to park, how much its likely to cost and how busy will call is likely to be?

any help much appreciated
chaddymatt is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 12, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
tifosi
Getting to know the DIBB

We got there 2 hours before tip off and parked under the fly over for $10. A local friend recommended it as its quick to get away afterwards. He was correct. I was concerned about getting there that early but there was all sorts of things going on. Kids got free face painting, balloons and posters. Lots of entertainment before the game. The time flew by.
tifosi is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 12, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
shauney
Imagineer

If you pull it up on Google Maps you'll find a parking garage just to the south of the arena that's connected by a walkway.

Basically come off i4 at 82B (eastbound), keep going until you get to the junction for West South Street, turn left to go back under the i4 and the Geico garage is just on your left after you go under the i4 (you'll see the overhead walkway in front of you).

Walk in to the Amway and ticketing booths are in the next street to your North (2 minute walk).

It's $20 to park. When the game has finished, over the walkway, in to the car park, out the entrance you drove in, make sure you're in the right hand lane at the exit. Turn right out of the car park, turn right again and you're on i4 west. Secure, simple and worth the extra $10 that you'll save over the parking areas that are further away.

We did a game and loved the atmosphere there.

Hope that helps!
shauney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 12, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
tifosi
Getting to know the DIBB

Where we parked under the fly over was as close as you could get to the Amway. There was plenty of security walking around as well. The kids had free caricatures done and it was easier to put them back in the car rather than carry them. They were also giving out free coke so we went back to the car a second time and put a few in the car.
tifosi is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 12, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
chaddymatt
Excited about Disney

thanks for all the tips so far guys! Its something I wanted to do for a while now but its never seemed to happen for us so with this extension to the season, its got to be done,
can't wait!
chaddymatt is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 12, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
tifosi
Getting to know the DIBB

It was the first time we had been and also something I had wanted to do. We all enjoyed it and was one of the main highlights of our holiday. I bought tickets in the lower section in the hope that we would be in the action for the T-Shirts and Blimp but despite my kids jumping up and down we got nothing. The show between quarters and time out is as good as the basketball. It was an expensive outing but well worth it. I am sure it will be high on our list next trip.
Old 28 Apr 12, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
welshwiz
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 16
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We parked right next to the arena in Church Street Garage (secure multi story with barrier and security). We arrived later than expected as our son was with his friends at Seaworld so a bit delayed coming out of the park. So last going off we thought we'd just head to the Geico Garage but saw spaces were still available in Church Street Garage that we passed first so nipped in there instead. Exiting was pretty quick too.

MAP
welshwiz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 12, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
The Smiths
Very Serious Dibber

We went for the first time in February and had a great time.
Decided to get there early to get the most out of the visit and parked in the Geico multi story car park directly opposite. You need to keep your eyes peeled for the car park entrance as soon as you approach the Arena straight off the I4, if you miss it then its a long slow tricky route back around the one way system to find it again. It was $20 to park but thought it would be safer than trusting the locals who were out on the streets allowing you to park on their driveway for $10 ! The overhead walkway from the car park to the Arena makes it easy to get in and also easy to get back to your car afterwards. You difinately need to be in the right hand lane as you exit the car park because it filters off onto the I4 south back 'home' and is a very quick and easy exit.

As we got there early we had time to have photos taken with the Magic Dancers and go down towards the court to watch the players warming up. There is also the opportunity to get autographs but you would have to be pushy & fight through the local fans!

PARADISE IS - SUNSET LAKES, FLORIDA!
www.shamuvilla.com

The Smiths is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 12, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
chaddymatt
Excited about Disney

thanks all. Sounds pretty straight forward then. Like I said, this really is a bonus as I thought wed just missed the last game so really looking forward to this. Couldn't really afford the decent seats ($500!) but I'm happy to pay $35 even though we'll be up in the gods!
Old 29 Apr 12, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
shauney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by chaddymatt View Post
we'll be up in the gods!
Doesn't matter - you still get a great view due to the rake of the seats. We were in row 12 of one of the top tiers (225) and still felt part of the action.

Soak up the atmosphere (which is great) and look out for the freebies that get thrown in to the crowd. They do come up to the high tiers to throw the stuff as well.
shauney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread