Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 12 Dec 19, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
DVC Villas - New Book For Guests To Browse

I spotted this on DVC News.

The book is going to be in every DVC Room for browsing - not to be taken albeit it can be bought at a Resort shop.

'One Day at Disney' is a documentary series created for the new Disney+ streaming service. A large hardcover companion book has also been published to tie-in with the series.

To help promote the project, copies of the book have been placed in DVC villas for members to enjoy. A disclaimer on the front of the book reads as follows:

Disney Vacation Club is pleased to present this insightful book as a special in-room amenity. If you would like to purchase a copy of this book, it is available for sale in select Disney merchandise shops. Please do not remove this copy. Thank you.

The book retails for $50 but is available at a lower cost from many booksellers including Amazon. DVC members purchasing the book from
an eligible Disney retail shop will receive the 20% merchandise discount.

dvcnews/index.php/dvc-pr...-in-dvc-villas

Also now on Amazon UK at £38.04

amazon/s?k=One+Day...ref=nb_sb_noss

Very nice but not for me. Maybe if it was £2.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 05:07 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

The book was on the coffee table at BWV on Thursday. Nice big book, but didn't have time to have a good look.

Noticed that pens and notepaper have disappeared from all resorts now, DVC or otherwise
Old 14 Dec 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
The book was on the coffee table at BWV on Thursday. Nice big book, but didn't have time to have a good look.

Noticed that pens and notepaper have disappeared from all resorts now, DVC or otherwise
Thinking back to our stay in a refurbished room at SSR in November yes you are right. No pen and no little pad.

Mind you I suppose it must save Disney another few bucks. God love them times must be tough.

Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

I used to write the word tip on the pad and stick some $$ for Housekeeping on it, this time I had no pen (and kept forgetting to find one) and the cleaner was not going to take random money left on the counter, so basically they had no tip!

The book looked good from the outside, I actually thought it was left by a previous guest"
Old 16 Dec 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
The same as me!

I resorted to using the paper coaster they leave! I always write 'Housekeeping, thank you'

I have now got a cheap little pad from Wilko to leave in our locker next year.

Old 17 Dec 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post

how much does that small pad and a cheapo pen cost disney, its nothing

I love the pen, i use it for work, reminds me why i am doing it
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 19, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

It was taken away to reduce waste, nothing to do with the cost of course...
However how many rooms does wdw have, 30,000? Thats a lot of pens and paper a year!
Old 18 Dec 19, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
The same Guy who is on a quest to save paper must also have told Housekeeping to stop giving loo rolls out!

For our November stay we only ever had 2 loo rolls left each 4th day. One on the holder and one spare

Now I have heard of economies of scale but this is nuts. So what happens? People ring up and they waste fuel and staff costs delivering more.

Old 31 Dec 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
CheshireCaty
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
The same Guy who is on a quest to save paper must also have told Housekeeping to stop giving loo rolls out!

For our November stay we only ever had 2 loo rolls left each 4th day. One on the holder and one spare

Now I have heard of economies of scale but this is nuts. So what happens? People ring up and they waste fuel and staff costs delivering more.
Don’t get me started on the loo roll! Can’t Disney give us something a little more luxurious? There’s better in some of the public bathrooms in the deluxe resorts.
WDW - 92, 93, 95, 97, 00 x2, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09 x2, 10, 11 x2, 12, 13, 14, 15 x2, 17 x2, 18, 19 x 2, 22--- DLP - 95, 01, 03, 06, 11, 14, 18, 19—- Disney Cruise - 2012 - Bahamas, 13 - Med, 15 - 15n EBTA, 16 - Alaska, 19 - Northern Europe.
"You may have noticed I'm not all there myself" -
CheshireCaty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by CheshireCaty View Post
Don’t get me started on the loo roll! Can’t Disney give us something a little more luxurious? There’s better in some of the public bathrooms in the deluxe resorts.
I agree.

Another bit of cost saving

The Contemporary always had cotton hand towels in the loos. They changed those to very nice paper towels with the Contemporary logo on. I agree with that cost saving.

They have now installed dispensers and the towels are so thin every time I go in the Gents the floor is covered with bits of cheap ripped paper towels as you cannot get them out whole. Insane.

Edited at 10:40 AM. Reason: Spelling