Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 8 Jan 20, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile Harry and Meghan to stand down

Breaking news.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Not surprised really, been on the cards
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

Humor an American unfamiliar with royals...what does this really mean? Does it mean they are taking temporary time out of the spotlight to raise a family...and at some point in the future they may return? Or is this a permanent move...no givebacks?

How big of a deal is this news, actually? Not being cheeky... I honestly have no idea over here.
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
The best for all sides!
Old 8 Jan 20, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Sas
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I don't mind as long as they don't take any money from the state.
Been on the cards for a while x
Old 8 Jan 20, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
UncleLatch
Imagineer

UncleLatch's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Wish I'd put money on it a year ago. Always been the long term plan.
UncleLatch is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby29
Imagineer

I’m sure they will be able to live comfortably in America , they love a royal. Plus it keeps them out the news. It’s a win win all round 😁
Old 8 Jan 20, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

Mobile

I think this is a big deal. The last person to resign (Prince Andrew aside) was the Duke of Windsor/Edward VIII. Born into a life of privilege and duty clearly didn’t inherit a lot of his grandmothers qualities. It’s just seems such a massive change to me following his service in the army, can’t help thinking he isn’t the one wearing the trousers.
Tinkerbell 1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Good for them!

William is being lined up for his role as king, and is life is mapped out for him and his family, and IMV that leaves Harry at a bit of a loose end.

Him and Meghan are clearly besotted with each other and their baby and given the amount of hate directed towards her I'm not surprised he wants to take her to live somewhere a lot more liberal - ie Canada.

I don't think they really fit into the royal lifestyle any more - and if they want to do their own thing and be self sufficient why shouldn't they try?

Lots of families spread around the world - especially when a "foreigner" marries into that family - so I dont think its as unusual as it seems.

i wish them well
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Libby29 View Post
I’m sure they will be able to live comfortably in America , they love a royal. Plus it keeps them out the news. It’s a win win all round 😁
They're looking at Canada.
Loftus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread