Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Feb 20, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Mobile

There are plenty of rides and attractions that are completely safe to do while pregnant, just follow the official guidance.
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 02:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Nollypat
Earning More Ears

Congratulations!

In 2005 I was pregnant with our first baby. We booked a romantic, grown up, 7 night Mediterranean cruise as our last child free holiday.

Five days before we left, the travel agent told us the airline was refusing to carry me (long story).

In a nutshell our alternative options for our dates; without needing jabs; were Ibiza or Florida. I didn't fancy either, but they were both the same price, so Florida seemed more of a bargain.

I loved it far more than I expected to. At 26 weeks I did struggle with the heat (it was May) and I definitely overdid the walking. My lower legs became hot and red, and swelled up very badly. Walking was really painful, but we still managed to do parks every day. (Cold compresses and sleeping with legs raised &#128521

With hindsight I would definitely rest more. I was still in the mindset of 'not letting pregnancy hold me back'. Apparently there are no medals for stubbornness. Damn!

As others have said, please make sure your insurance is very accommodating, and you are confident with it.

You'll be fine. America is full of pregnant women 😊
The best bit is promising your bump you'll bring them back one day!

Good luck and have a wonderful holiday x
Nollypat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 20, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Sj1313
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

It’s fine We’re back about a week when I travelled I was 21 weeks when I went as others have said drink plenty, take lots of breaks and stay off the big rides I’ve seen my consultant today for a scan (I’ve got a small tear in the placenta found at 17 weeks) and the little lady is absolutely fine
Sj1313 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
livvyloo1991
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I went May/June 2018 at 24/25weeks pregnant and I absolutely loved it, even though I had terrible sickness throughout (sick 3-4 times a day everyday). It was our 5th trip so we took it easy and I did the rides I wanted to, taking into account the advisories and my own experience xx
Old 6 Feb 20, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Rozie
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I went in Feb 2016 and was 14 weeks pregnant. I had horrendous sickness which sucked as even the food which I love I couldn’t enjoy. However I did book a private scan while there and found out I was carrying our little girl so the shopping was fantastic. A different type of holiday no doubt but still one I look back on with fond memories. Congratulations xxx
OCTOBER 2023 LET’S GO!
Rozie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Elise79
Imagineer

Back in 2008 I went at 31 Weeks pregnant with DD and loved it!

As I was so far a long I had to get permission to travel but it was worth it. I didn't do any rides I wasn't supposed and still had a great time

The only downside was the way DD was sitting I ended up leaving food I loved as I just couldn't eat big meals lol
Elise79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Wonder
Imagineer

Mobile

I was 19-22 weeks pregnant with twins when we went to florida in August 2016- one of the hottest August's on record.

Had a great time- you can do loads in disney (I didn't do anything with a warning against pregnant women riding but still was able to do lots and lots of rides and of course all shows).

Universal is pretty limited... You can do caro-suess-sel (or however you spell it) and the Hogwarts express... You literally can't even do the high in the sky ride!

The flight back was terribly uncomfortable, but I imagine that's because at 22 weeks along with twins I was bigger than a singleton full term!

Lots of water, rest as needed.