Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Mar 20, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
DH has just got off his daily video call. They all had a can of beer with them because it is Friday lunchtime. DH in his onesie again. .
I swear, this will be me next week... My beer fridge is currently well stocked...

I started a new job 2 weeks ago - Management Accountant for a manufacturing company. I currently have no idea what I am doing but have worked at the company for 5 years so just on video calls every day working out what I should be doing for the day.
Old 21 Mar 20, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Wax melts warmers and décor . All done online.
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Self employed Digital Marketing Consultant and Social Media Manager. I have a home office but I usually work in my clients offices and just do my own book keeping at home in the evenings or weekends. Now I have switched to working from home, I have everything I need on my work laptop for 2 clients and for the 3rd client I log in remotely to a computer in their office.

For those who are interested my work includes
  • Adding new products to clients websites
  • Writing content and creating images for clients websites
  • Search Engine Optimization for clients websites
  • Google Analytics Data Analysis
  • Email Marketing
  • Google Adwords Campaigns
  • Facebook Ad Campaigns
  • Posting on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram and answering customer questions
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Wonder
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm a management accountant/finance business partner.

Ideally I like to deal with my project managers face to face but easily done from home via Skype.
Old 21 Mar 20, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Hubby is a Chief Technical Officer of a high tech company.
He works from home every other day now, and makes good use of Microsoft Teams to keep in touch with everyone.
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

Im a workshop manager, for a council in london, i have 49 dustcarts 104 psv vehicles as well as parks and grounds vehicles. Top that with 150 small plant tools from hedge trimmers to leaf blowers.

9 workshop fitters 1 welder 1 body fitter and plant guy.
Lets see how working from home is going to work for me 👍😂🤣😂🤣
Old 22 Mar 20, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Mobile

I work in Hr for a well known (British) Telecom Company

I work from home usually but it’s not in fashion so I’m hoping this crisis makes us realise it can be done efficiently
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 20, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I see a great future for osteopaths with so many people working from their sofas.
Get a desk and chair if you possibly can !
Im lucky as I have a large desk with my home PC on which I can move the keyboard out of the way to put my small work laptop on a sloping stand to get a better working position
Also have a high back office style chair
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 20, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tco200 View Post
I work in Hr for a well known (British) Telecom Company

I work from home usually but it’s not in fashion so I’m hoping this crisis makes us realise it can be done efficiently
I work for a similar company and have had similar thoughts
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 20, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

I work in Credit control for a large security firm. They have been absolutely fantastic and in 2 days flat got laptops for us all and got us all out the doors to work from home. Cannot make calls so everything is being done by email so it’s not even speaking to anyone all day long. I started Friday and it was so weird. I quite like my own company but going from working in a large busy office to a quiet tiny room in my house it was so weird.
Going to try to get really structured and organised tomorrow n hopefully it will not fee as weird.
Ellelledee is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List