Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 2 Jan 21, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
I hate that my diet started today, these look amazing!
I was supposed to start eating better from today but I decided to start on Monday instead! I did only have soup for my tea so I count that as balancing out the cookies!
mrsdjh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Tonight we had cookie ice cream sandwiches. I used Salted Caramel and dark chocolate cookie dough that I spotted in the fridge at M&S. Warm straight from the oven sandwiched between Ben and Jerry’s Sofa so good together ice cream, they were amazing 😋

These look delicious we had a whole packet of after eight mints to eat, plus the other half of the tart so our new year diet is going to have to start Monday too

So with today being the start of a new year I decided to kickstart the diet, I’ve put on nearly a stone and my jeans don’t fit so need to do something about it! I made a huge pan of vegetable soup which I’ll be living off for the next few days.

I have to purée it as I’m a big child and don’t like lumps 😂

Soup looks good, I always have to puree it too, I hate lumpy soup. It's one of those bizarre things though as I like casserole and that's not smooth but I can't eat soup with lumps

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Who’s still got using up to do?!
I think we’ll be having another mash up of leftovers tonight!
The porcetta looks delicious as does everything else.
You’re all goading me with your trifles!

I have awful pics and nothing that looks particularly appetising as we got our party enthusiasm back for NYE and wow, did we feel bad yesterday...

However,
We dressed up and had a party for 3 with canapés, champagne, wine and cocktail, then dinner a bit later which looks like a right mess! It was nicer than it looks 😂
I forgot about pastry so did a very bad job of trying to roll out partially frozen pastry under the influence 😉

Canapés and champagne to start.
This is smoked salmon on blinis with a horseradish Cream cheese and Smoked trout pate on rye with Cornichons

Then turkey, ham and leek pie with red cabbage, dauphinoise potatoes and green beans

Yesterday we managed a cooked breakfast but for dinner!
This is not mine! This is DS’s.
I didn’t have nearly as many potatoes, no black pudding and I only like veggie sausages.
We don’t usually have fried eggs either but poaching seemed like too much of a challenge with a headache. These were a bit frilly 😬

Between the 3 of us we used 18 different glasses on NYE!
I had the pleasure of washing them all
up

Edited at 01:51 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
Who’s still got using up to do?!
I think we’ll be having another mash up of leftovers tonight!
The porcetta looks delicious as does everything else.
You’re all goading me with your trifles!

I have awful pics and nothing that looks particularly appetising as we got our party enthusiasm back for NYE and wow, did we feel bad yesterday...

However,
We dressed up and had a party for 3 with canapés, champagne, wine and cocktail, then dinner a bit later which looks like a right mess! It was nicer than it looks 😂
I forgot about pastry so did a very bad job of trying to roll out partially frozen pastry under the influence 😉

Canapés and champagne to start.
This is smoked salmon on blinis with a horseradish Cream cheese and Smoked trout pate on rye with Cornichons

Then turkey, ham and leek pie with red cabbage, dauphinoise potatoes and green beans

Yesterday we managed a cooked breakfast but for dinner!
This is not mine! This is DS’s.
I didn’t have nearly as many potatoes, no black pudding and I only like veggie sausages.
We don’t usually have fried eggs either but poaching seemed like too much of a challenge with a headache. These were a bit frilly 😬

Between the 3 of us we used 18 different glasses on NYE!
I had the pleasure of washing them all
up
I love it all, especially the use if 18 glasses in one night, no wonder you had a bit of a headache the following day.

We've got a whole bunch of leftover stuff to use up. We finished off the after eights last night, we've got two boxes of biscuits we need to finish, some roasted peanuts the odd Lindt lindor chocolat ball thing and some chocolate orange segments. Plus, I've got a tub of cream left over in the fridge that I haven't used so I may do some Dauphinoise tomorrow. That's a great idea I was trying to decide what to do with that cream...I'm pretty confident it will be calorie free and perfect for the new year purge

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Toad in the Hole

So, Christmas decorations are all down and the spring clean has begun. Lots of cobwebs and dust to clear out. But we still had time for toad in the Hole.

Cuba Libre

Just a smallish cocktail, is it really a cocktail if there is only 1 spirit and a mixer

Old 2 Jan 21, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Apologies for the half eaten dinner but that’s a rule for a food report right?!

I had some leftover pulled pork in the freezer that I defrosted and mixed with a bottle of Baby Rays BBQ sauce. I put this on top of some wedges (frozen) and melted some cheese on top. We also had some nachos which are a firm favourite in this house. Oh and for anyone noticing, no I’m not on the diet today 😂

I think we have pretty much finished off all of our Christmas food now. The freezer looks empty!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I love seeing you all using up the last of the Christmas food. We're going to be eating festive desserts for a while yet.

We finally had our buffet intended for NYE's last night. As always I bought far too much but I just couldn't narrow down what I wanted

Tonight, we had what we should have had yesterday. Steak pie is a traditional meal for January 1st in Scotland, is there anything in particular you have in England?! I've always wondered.

I HATE steak pie, so I ate pastry, mash, gravy and broccolini. It was very yummy!

I made the Malteaser cherry things for dessert but we haven't eaten them yet. Didn't have the patience to decorate them nicely, it's been a long couple of days.

collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Apologies for the half eaten dinner but that’s a rule for a food report right?!

I had some leftover pulled pork in the freezer that I defrosted and mixed with a bottle of Baby Rays BBQ sauce. I put this on top of some wedges (frozen) and melted some cheese on top. We also had some nachos which are a firm favourite in this house. Oh and for anyone noticing, no I’m not on the diet today 😂

I think we have pretty much finished off all of our Christmas food now. The freezer looks empty!
Yes we definitely need to have a few half eaten plates in food report or it's not a proper food report.

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I love seeing you all using up the last of the Christmas food. We're going to be eating festive desserts for a while yet.

We finally had our buffet intended for NYE's last night. As always I bought far too much but I just couldn't narrow down what I wanted

Tonight, we had what we should have had yesterday. Steak pie is a traditional meal for January 1st in Scotland, is there anything in particular you have in England?! I've always wondered.

I HATE steak pie, so I ate pastry, mash, gravy and broccolini. It was very yummy!

I made the Malteaser cherry things for dessert but we haven't eaten them yet. Didn't have the patience to decorate them nicely, it's been a long couple of days.

Your belated New years buffet looks lovely, of course there's enough food for a house full of people so I imagine you'll be eating leftovers for days.

We don't have a traditional new years day meal down here, not that I know of anyway.

We have now managed to finish all the Christmas chocolate and only have one box of biscuits left to eat plus a few roasted peanuts. That's pretty much it on the festive food front.

Old 3 Jan 21, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Final meal of the holidays for Sunday lunch and we had Garlic Chicken, broccoli and Dauphinoise Potatoes, thanks to the idea stolen from Vanillapod on how to use up the cream in the fridge.

I suspect that is my last entry to the Christmas Food and Cocktail Report as it's a school night so no cocktails to come. I've really enjoyed seeing all your festive food and it gave me so many ideas. I'm glad lots of you joined in and posted your photos. It was fun to do this all of us together.

Take care everyone and I really hope 2021 brings us all health and happiness, oh and a little bit of Disney sparkle would be rather fab too.

Old 3 Jan 21, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Thanks for a lovely thread Abby, hopefully we’ll see a trip report from you this summer...fingers crossed!
Hope 2021 is a good one for all you lovely Dibbers.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List