Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 25 Jan 21, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Our choice of ubereats is MC Donald's @£4.99 delivery less than a mile. Or subway @£1.99 delivery for 1 mile away.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
tmwalsh
Apprentice Imagineer

I can't understand why anyone would get McDonalds delivered by a taxi driver. It's normally cold by the time you've walked to the table in the restaurant so I can't imagine what its like after some guy in a taxi has thrown it into his car.
tmwalsh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FizzyWhip View Post
But it’s still down to Uber eats to rectify any issues as they’re the ones hiring these people .
Yes good point- that seems to be who the contract is with, even though it’s the restaurants’ fault. Just do a credit card chargeback.

Uber eats is awful near us, all we have is a bunch of dodgy takeaways, I wouldn’t eat in any of them. We don’t even muster a McDonalds. Just Eat the same.
Old 25 Jan 21, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Originally Posted by tmwalsh View Post
I can't understand why anyone would get McDonalds delivered by a taxi driver. It's normally cold by the time you've walked to the table in the restaurant so I can't imagine what its like after some guy in a taxi has thrown it into his car.
Can't understand why anyone would get a McDonald's. Delivered or not.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Trusty ian View Post
Can't understand why anyone would get a McDonald's. Delivered or not.
You can’t beat a McMuffin.
Old 25 Jan 21, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Island mamma
slightly serious Dibber

Our son had an issue a couple days before Christmas. Ordered Pizza Hut with Uber eats and the driver mixed up two orders. Gave his (large) order to the wrong customer, who presumably thought it was Christmas cos they got way more than they paid for, then realised the mistake when they reached him with a single pizza. Went away and left him with nothing, no attempt to sort it out then Uber eats refused him a refund. Eventually the bank sorted out a refund through a disputed payment. Wouldn't use them again. Not because they made a mistake - anybody can - but because they refused to try and sort it out or to refund him before he got the bank involved.
Island mamma is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
windsor_hills
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Florida1990 View Post
I live in South Yorkshire and have used Uber eats loads now ( started in lockdown 1) we only really use 2 or 3 restaurants but have never had an issue in fact I completely rate them. How frustrating for you all that they get it so wrong, they will quickly lose business if they don’t support their customers. As I say I rate them and will continue to use them, the discount codes are fantastic btw..but understand your frustrations..😥
I am in South Yorkshire too. 😁

Anyway, Uber eats have finally relented and agreed to refund me... I won’t be using them again though.
windsor_hills is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I agree, with a drive through, it’s easier to drive yourself (unless the person can’t do this obviously)
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
You can’t beat a McMuffin.
A double sausage and egg mcmuffin!
Old 25 Jan 21, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I dont understand it either, i do get our indian or chinese locally to deliver, but they use their own drivers. McDs gets cold very quickly!