Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 6 Dec 20, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
Thanks megaflyer, it does have some blackout dates , we need to sit and have a proper look at it , it needs to be booked by tomorrow
The location is spot on for wandering around the marina - even with AI and you may want to try some different cafes etc - you do all that on foot without paying for a cab so location wise it's very good plus the hotel is used by Virgin holidays in their top range so it will be superb (same bracket at Royal Mirage)

Edited at 03:25 PM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 20, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

That's great thankyou, I'll let you know if we book it
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 20, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
The location is spot on for wandering around the marina - even with AI and you may want to try some different cafes etc - you do all that on foot without paying for a cab so location wise it's very good plus the hotel is used by Virgin holidays in their top range so it will be superb (same bracket at Royal Mirage)
I have stayed at both hotels and I certainly wouldn't put the Habtoor in the same bracket as the Royal Mirage but it is a very nice hotel.

Habtoor is now part of the Marriott Autograph collection and I agree that it is in a good position for the Marina area and also JBR The Walk.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 20, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

We’re looking at the possibility of Dubai for next Christmas but I haven’t been able to find any prices that far ahead. Could anyone let me know what sort of price I’d be looking at - three adults and one 16 year old. Also, where should I be looking? I’m like a fish out of water!

Many thanks in advance
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 20, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
I have stayed at both hotels and I certainly wouldn't put the Habtoor in the same bracket as the Royal Mirage but it is a very nice hotel.

Habtoor is now part of the Marriott Autograph collection and I agree that it is in a good position for the Marina area and also JBR The Walk.
I haven’t been to the hotel as I stay in same hotel (The Residence) same suite and haven’t found any other hotel in the world like The Royal Mirage (although the old days before the Palm ruined the view and the beaches were better) so bow to your superior knowledge - I think I was trying to say Viring have it in same category for Royal Mirage (which is coming out around £11k for a week B&B with flights in February then you do your deal and get it for £6k direct)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 20, 01:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
We’re looking at the possibility of Dubai for next Christmas but I haven’t been able to find any prices that far ahead. Could anyone let me know what sort of price I’d be looking at - three adults and one 16 year old. Also, where should I be looking? I’m like a fish out of water!

Many thanks in advance
Are you looking for the actual Christmas period Jo? It’s the most expensive time
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 20, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Are you looking for the actual Christmas period Jo? It’s the most expensive time
We were Colette, but I think we might have to reconsider!
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 20, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
We were Colette, but I think we might have to reconsider!
I suppose you are limited with the boys’ school/college holidays. The most expensive times are Christmas/New Year and Easter & October half terms. You will always find a really good deal in the summer but it’s extremely hot and outdoor activities and dining are curtailed. May half term is cheaper than October but the heat is starting to build then
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 20, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Just an update, we didnt book the trip , when we rang about it, it was a misprint in the paper. They could do it from 800pp but not at that hotel.
Along with a long haul flight in a mask we gave it a miss
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 20, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
Just an update, we didnt book the trip , when we rang about it, it was a misprint in the paper. They could do it from 800pp but not at that hotel.
Along with a long haul flight in a mask we gave it a miss
Thanks for the update - I have to say I am not surprised it was a “mistake” - shame on them really but hey as your say its a 5hr flight (give or take) so a while to wear a mask (expect some airlines to DXB have now lifted that as I have seen photos of passengers at at the bar on the A380 !)

Edited at 07:24 PM.