Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 25 Aug 19, 04:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Mobile Day 6 - Satuli Canteen and Crystal Palace - Monday 19th August

This morning we were heading for EMH at AK. With an early start, we had some pastries we had saved from Portofino (clearly we had not got our heads round the dining plan yet!)

In AK we were ready for a snack on our way to Rafiki’s Planet Watch for the Animation Experience, and were heading to Tamu Tamu Refreshments only to find we were too early. The boys had some crisps I had taken, but Barnaby desperately wanted nacho cheese Doritos from a snack stand. We paid cash for these as $3.25 seemed bad value for a snack credit...

On our way back we went to Tamu Tamu. Alex, Barnaby and I all had the Simba cookie sandwich

David had the Malva cake sundae

Sebastian had the warm brownie sundae

All of these were lovely but huge, we couldn’t finish them

For lunch we went to Satuli Canteen. This was packed, I mobile ordered but had problems getting a signal to do it. We shared two of the combination beef and chicken bowls, one with the potato base and one with noodles. David and I had fountain drinks and we got cups for water for the boys (none of them like fizzy drinks)

The meat was very good in these, and we enjoyed them except the boba balls which were a bit weird! The portions were huge

Dinner was at Crystal Palace.
This was a plate of Barnaby’s

The children mainly ate macaroni cheese and mash potatoes!

My plates - there was roast beef and pork, various chicken wings with coatings, pasta, jambalaya and a salmon with a barbecue type coating. The salmon was the standout for me. David really liked the meats, I found them a bit dry but he tried mine and thinks I was unlucky as he was better.

Clam chowder

Desserts included a s’mores tart, red velvet cake, chocolate caramel brownie and a layered Rabbit themed dessert. There was also an ice cream machine.

I had a glass of sparkling wine, David had an IPA.

Overall the food was decent but not amazing. The desserts looked lovely, but none of them tasted as good as they looked for me. However I am glad we did it as we really enjoyed the characters. We had most of our food before we saw any characters, then had quite a wait for Tigger meaning the whole meal took longer than I expected. Tigger was a little rushed, but the others had more time
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Mobile Day 7 - Tony’s and Cantina de San Angel - Tuesday 20th August

We had a more relaxed start this morning, and went and got pastries from the Beach Club shop and sat outside to eat them. I had a Honey bun (huge!), David an Apple Blossom, Alex a croissant and Sebastian a chocolate muffin. Barnaby was desperate for a banana, these were crazily priced at $2.25 (they are 15p at Aldi at home!) and on all levels a bad use of a snack credit, but we realised we were never going to get through them so went with it, he had some of my honey bun too

We went into MK and had a parade package reservation at Tony’s. This gives you a three course meal for $55 or $19 for children, with a reserved viewing area by the flagpole. On the dining plan you can also have alcohol (I had Prosecco, David had a glass of moscato). There was also bread brought out with dipping oil.
For starters I had the fried mozzarella, Alex the tomato and red pepper soup and David the spinach dip. These were all pretty good and the soup was lovely.

Sebastian and Barnaby ordered apple slices and grapes respectively for both their starter and their side with their main. When the starters came two bowls of apple came. They did bring grapes when I asked, but we never got the second grapes with the main.

We had a pretty long wait for the mains, David says he saw our server looking at our empty table then going purposefully to the kitchen. When they eventually turned up, I had chicken fettuccine Alfredo, David had the Italian trio (chicken parmigiana, fettuccine Alfredo and meatballs), and all boys had spaghetti meatballs.

I failed to photograph Alex’s, it was much bigger than the children’s portion.
All these were huge. Mine was ok but very garlicky and nowhere near as good as the Olive Garden version.

For dessert I had tiramisu, David raspberry sorbet, Alex chocolate ice cream, Barnaby vanilla ice cream and Sebastian a cupcake. We were a bit rushed by now as we had a Mickey and Minnie FP before the parade and were running out of time.

The desserts were crazily big. My tiramisu could have fed all of us! It was ok, but not the best I have had.

Our parade view was good, but right in the hot sun, and we could have got kerbside spaces opposite easily.

Overall I am not sure I would do Tony’s again, and I think I slightly regret choosing this over Sana’a (which we had a reservation for but ended up cancelling)

In the evening we went into Epcot and had nachos and churros at Cantina de San Angel, getting two of each to share. David and I both had a beer with it. These were nice but not as good as I remembered on previous trips. The churros came with a caramel sauce and were really nice

Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Oh wow I am having those mozzarella sticks at Tony's, they look so yummy.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Really enjoying your report so far
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 03:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Oh wow I am having those mozzarella sticks at Tony's, they look so yummy.
They are definitely worth having, all the starters were really good

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Really enjoying your report so far
Thank you for reading
Old 28 Aug 19, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Mobile

Hope you’re having a good time in the villa. Enjoyed your reports so far and looking forward to more 😊
Disney Planning is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
Hope you’re having a good time in the villa. Enjoyed your reports so far and looking forward to more 😊
Thank you, yes we are it is lovely having some more space and not being so hectic. Thank you for reading
Old 28 Aug 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Mobile Day 8 - Be Our Guest and Chef Mickey - Wednesday 21st August

An early start this morning for a PPO Be Our Guest reservation. We decided to drive as our bus experiences so far hadn’t been great and I didn’t want to risk being late. However this didn’t work out so well as we got to the TTC to be told the monorail was down and we needed to take a bus. This was packed, went via the Polynesian, and seemed to take ages. We missed out on empty Main Street and made it to BOG at 8.05. There was then a huge queue, I had preordered but that queue was longer than the one for those who hadn’t ordered and in the end they just seemed to mix the two together going in. Then I had to redo my order to pay separately for the snack credits and quick service.

We sat in the room on the right which was really quiet, the main room was heaving.

Our grey stuff cakes arrived first

In the interests of time we had these before the other food, these were nice but i’m not sure I would go as far as delicious!

Eventually the food arrived after 8.40, putting us under pressure if we wanted to get to 7 Dwarfs.
We had Croque Madame, Gaston’s Feast (which did have sausages already eaten before I did the photo!) and a croissant doughnut, plus a plate of pastries to share. The boys all had chocolate milk. Each main also came with a bowl of melon and grape

The Croque Madame was lovely, and Gaston’s Feast good. I wasn’t so sure on the croissant doughnut which I expected to love. Only the chocolate doughnut got eaten by Alex, the others I took with us as we were full, but forgot about and they just got squashed in the bag and thrown away!
We left at 8.55, and walked round to 7 Dwarfs as the welcome show was playing, we just made the queue before we saw the rope drop wave coming round.

We had a late brunch reservation at Chef Mickey at 2.10. This was a must do for us as we have visited on every trip. I know it isn’t always the most popular but we have always enjoyed it. A late brunch is a bit quieter as they have a break between brunch and dinner, and it gives a good mixture of foods including breakfast stuff like sausages, waffles, pancakes and bacon, plus carved turkey, potato and other more lunch type things
This was Barnaby’s first plate

This was mine, the cheesy potatoes were lovely

Pancakes and syrup

Minnie waffle and desserts

I had a peach Bellini and David a chocolate martini. They were nice but really strong, I should probably have just stuck to wine as we couldn’t finish them

We all enjoyed the meal, and got a bit of extra attention from the characters at the end as it was emptying out. Last time we came our server was dreadful and didn’t clear plates at all, this time he was very good and efficient.

After Chef Mickey we went into AK. Later on I had a frozen lemonade and Barnaby nacho cheese Doritos whilst the others were doing FOP using snack credits, I love the frozen lemonade as it is really cooling and refreshing. David also got himself one after we rider switched
Old 28 Aug 19, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Mobile

Shame about BOG, it’s ok if you can use a credit but I don’t think I’d pay OOP.
Disney Planning is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I agree that Be Our Guest is good value on the dining plan but definitely not worth it OOP. It does make a nice start to the day eating in the Beast's castle though.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List