Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 29 Mar 20, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Tiger King on Netflix

Anyone else watching.Just watched the 1st episode
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
formosagirl
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Yes, loved it. Wasn't what I expected at all
Old 29 Mar 20, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I found it really bizarre! But couldn’t stop watching. It gets better as it goes on 😂
We visited Big Cat Rescue in Tampa. Little did we know All that was going on and the hate from the Big Cat Zoo’s towards carol. We came away with a good feeling about the place. Our kids were educated on the exploitation of big cats and lots of facts told about the animals. I think what Carol and the volunteers do is really good
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 12:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Libby29
Imagineer

I saw it too. I’m not sure what to think anymore. 🙈
Old 29 Mar 20, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

I watched it too , really had no idea that there were so many big cats in captivity in America. Certainly a strange but enthralling story, I did always want to go to the big cat sanctuary in Tampa but not sure I would now .
Old 29 Mar 20, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
alexisemma31
Imagineer

I couldn't stop watching this, I was enthralled!
Old 29 Mar 20, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by minnie29 View Post
I found it really bizarre! But couldn’t stop watching. It gets better as it goes on 😂
We visited Big Cat Rescue in Tampa. Little did we know All that was going on and the hate from the Big Cat Zoo’s towards carol. We came away with a good feeling about the place. Our kids were educated on the exploitation of big cats and lots of facts told about the animals. I think what Carol and the volunteers do is really good
I agree re. BCR, we've been out a couple of times, shown around by Matt, i've not watched this show yet, but have read Carol's response...

LIES IN NETFLIX “TIGER KING” REGARDING DISAPPEARANCE OF DON LEWIS AND OTHER MISINFORMATION ABOUT BIG CAT RESCUE
When the directors of the Netflix documentary Tiger King came to us five years ago they said they wanted to make the big cat version of Blackfish (the documentary that exposed abuse at SeaWorld) that would expose the misery caused by the rampant breeding of big cat cubs for cub petting exploitation and the awful life the cats lead in roadside zoos and back yards if they survive.
There are not words for how disappointing it is to see that the series not only does not do any of that, but has had the sole goal of being as salacious and sensational as possible to draw viewers. As part of that, it has a segment devoted to suggesting, with lies and innuendos from people who are not credible, that I had a role in the disappearance of my husband Don in 1997. The series presents this without any regard for the truth or in most cases even giving me an opportunity before publication to rebut the absurd claims. They did not care about truth. The unsavory lies are better for getting viewers.
There is no short, simple way to refute so many lies. If you do want to know the truth, it requires understanding the history of events in the years before my husband’s disappearance and the roles and behaviors of the people interviewed in the series, which I have tried to do as concisely as I can below but still requires a few pages. See them here: bigcatrescue/refuting-netflix-tiger-king/

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

We are 5 episodes in. Enthralling. I have never seen such a delusional creature as Joe. Insane.
The more we watched the less we trust people.
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
I agree re. BCR, we've been out a couple of times, shown around by Matt, i've not watched this show yet, but have read Carol's response...

LIES IN NETFLIX “TIGER KING” REGARDING DISAPPEARANCE OF DON LEWIS AND OTHER MISINFORMATION ABOUT BIG CAT RESCUE
When the directors of the Netflix documentary Tiger King came to us five years ago they said they wanted to make the big cat version of Blackfish (the documentary that exposed abuse at SeaWorld) that would expose the misery caused by the rampant breeding of big cat cubs for cub petting exploitation and the awful life the cats lead in roadside zoos and back yards if they survive.
There are not words for how disappointing it is to see that the series not only does not do any of that, but has had the sole goal of being as salacious and sensational as possible to draw viewers. As part of that, it has a segment devoted to suggesting, with lies and innuendos from people who are not credible, that I had a role in the disappearance of my husband Don in 1997. The series presents this without any regard for the truth or in most cases even giving me an opportunity before publication to rebut the absurd claims. They did not care about truth. The unsavory lies are better for getting viewers.
There is no short, simple way to refute so many lies. If you do want to know the truth, it requires understanding the history of events in the years before my husband’s disappearance and the roles and behaviors of the people interviewed in the series, which I have tried to do as concisely as I can below but still requires a few pages. See them here: bigcatrescue/refuting-netflix-tiger-king/
I’ll have a read through that later. I didn’t believe any of that rubbish about her anyway xx
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I never knew that so many big cats were / are kept as pets and in captivity in the US
How is that even legal?
Breading them just so they can make money from people wanting to pet them!
It’s horrific really.

I am ashamed to say in 2001 on our honeymoon in Las Vegas. My husband and i fed a cub milk from a bottle, had photos in a gift package etc at the MGM
We foolishly believed what they told us that they were saving the tigers etc
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List