Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Jun 20, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Vertigo
Excited about Disney

Silence from Disneyland is odd

I don’t go until November so I am pretty confident it will be open, but their lack of any information is odd for Disney.

WDW has a plan, Paris has a plan, Shanghai is open, but nothing from California.

I read the L.A. times every day, follow the twitter feeds l, this board and others
and many other sources and yet, nothing.

As I say, I’m pretty sure it will be open, but it won’t be the same that’s for sure and I’d like to know what they plan to do re compulsory face coverings, social distances, capacity, what will not be operating (fireworks, parades) etc.

Or have I missed some news!
Vertigo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

No you haven't missed news. I think its more to do how the state is run. In Florida the Covid 19 Task Force meetings are streamed online and therefore Walt Disney World , Universal Orlando and Seworld rlando have had to make their reopening plans public weeks before the actual opening dayes.

You are not the only one frustrated, I know local So Cal AP holders who live about an hour from Disneyland and they know just as much as we do.

Just be patient, your trip isn't until November, where as I know people who would be in the parks today if they were open. Everyone is in the same boat and we all want to know NOW but thats not possibly and there is no point getting stressed.

Its not Disney who at fault, its just the difference in the way things are done in California compared to Florida. Disneyland California has always operated differently to Walt Disney World and has a more laid back, chilled out vibe. Its something that regulars to Walt Disney World who are first timers to Disneyland comment a lot about.

Just chill out and when the information becomes available , you will still have plenty of time to plan.

Edited at 10:11 AM.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Vertigo
Excited about Disney

Cool. I’m not stressed at all about it, I just found the radio silence a bit odd for a company like Disney. Especially when they have pushed so hard to open elsewhere in the word.

But if that’s how California operates, then that explains it!
Vertigo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
Cool. I’m not stressed at all about it, I just found the radio silence a bit odd for a company like Disney. Especially when they have pushed so hard to open elsewhere in the word.

what most people don't realize is that while yes Walt Disney World and Disneyland California are both part of The Walt Disney Company, they operate as totally separate entities. They have different management and they operate under different State rules and regulations. They also have different park demographics , very different types of guests and how they use the park.

Yes Bob Iger and Bob Chapeck are the big bosses at Disney and have overall say, its the individual parks operational teams and management who make the local decisions.

Just because Walt Disney World update their website , does not mean that Disneyland Website will be automatically updated too
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

The speculation was it may not open until the end of the year.
Old 7 Jun 20, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
The speculation was it may not open until the end of the year.
That I do not believe, as that rumour came from an article by a New York analyst and it went viral, and has since been proved wrong with Walt Disney World opening in July.

My guess is sometime in July, from what I'm seeing being posted by people who live in Anaheim and other parts of California.
Old 7 Jun 20, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi, I live in southern California and our governor has just started moving us into the early stages of phase three, which includes the reopening of hair salons, gyms, bars and museums this coming week. Theme parks are included in phase three, but at a later stage of it- so while there is no official opening date yet for Disneyland, the news has come out here that Disneyland has begun accepting reservations at their hotels for dates beginning July 15th and later. Of course, now there is speculation that this is when Disneyland is aiming to reopen, although as I said there have been no official announcements of a specific date yet.

ocregister/disneylan...until-mid-july

You should check out the Fresh Baked Disney channel on YouTube. The guy who runs that channel lives minutes from Disneyland and is on top of all the news coming out about the theme park. It’s a good source for updates!

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Aims View Post
Hi, I live in southern California and our governor has just started moving us into the early stages of phase three, which includes the reopening of hair salons, gyms, bars and museums this coming week. Theme parks are included in phase three, but at a later stage of it- so while there is no official opening date yet for Disneyland, the news has come out here that Disneyland has begun accepting reservations at their hotels for dates beginning July 15th and later. Of course, now there is speculation that this is when Disneyland is aiming to reopen, although as I said there have been no official announcements of a specific date yet.

You should check out the Fresh Baked Disney channel on YouTube. The guy who runs that channel lives minutes from Disneyland and is on top of all the news coming out about the theme park. It’s a good source for updates!
That would make sense .
I did watch his latest video but turned it off after he said it could be September or even later .. keep positive and all that 😆
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Aims View Post

thank you and exactly, what you guys actually IN California know is very different to internet speculation. Fresh Baked is good and he is doing very regular videos as soon as he gets any news or updates
Old 7 Jun 20, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post

I agree , it is very strange how quiet it’s all been .
I have been to Disneyland quite a few times now so if it’s not open I’ll be disappointed but ok . However it was my dd’s and my dads first visit so will be a shame for them .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List