Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 23 Jun 20, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Dining plan question

After two cancelled WDW trips this year, I am thinking of a solo DLP trip later in the year, probably November. I have never been before, well I have but about 18 years ago and I stayed offsite. This time I would be staying onsite and I am thinking of upgrading the included "plus" dining plan to the premier one, half board.

I notice when I go through a dummy booking process, I am invited to select times for the Buffalo Bill show and a few other dining experiences. I would like to do a couple of them, but not all of them. If I opt not to reserve a slot, can I use that credit on a meal somewhere else or if I do not go, do I lost out on that meal?

Sorry if this is a very silly question.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

Sorry to hear you’ve had 2 cancelled WDW trips!
I don’t blame you for planning DLP as it seems to be the easiest to plan right now with all the restrictions in place.
Normally when you check in they give you physical paper vouchers which you redeem when and where you want. But My most recent experience last year they loaded them onto my room key (key to the world card type thing) and I redeemed them using that. So perhaps this is the new way of doing it. Either way it’s given to you when you get there. If you reserve your dining over the phone (currently the only way to make ADRs, which is a shame as the number is France!) you can do so 60 days in advance. However this does not deduct a credit it just simply books your table. They don’t actually link it to your hotel or tickets in any way.

I would highly recommend booking all your table service in advance just in case so you can ensure you use all your available credits. hope this helps
jadepansy459 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 20, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jadepansy459 View Post
Sorry to hear you’ve had 2 cancelled WDW trips!
I don’t blame you for planning DLP as it seems to be the easiest to plan right now with all the restrictions in place.
Normally when you check in they give you physical paper vouchers which you redeem when and where you want. But My most recent experience last year they loaded them onto my room key (key to the world card type thing) and I redeemed them using that. So perhaps this is the new way of doing it. Either way it’s given to you when you get there. If you reserve your dining over the phone (currently the only way to make ADRs, which is a shame as the number is France!) you can do so 60 days in advance. However this does not deduct a credit it just simply books your table. They don’t actually link it to your hotel or tickets in any way.

I would highly recommend booking all your table service in advance just in case so you can ensure you use all your available credits. hope this helps
Thank you, I will definitely be prebooking all my sit down meals.

It was the being prompted to book the Buffalo Bill show at the time of making the hotel booking that has confused me. I am still not sure if it is mandatory to use one of my credits on it.
Old 26 Jun 20, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
It’s not mandatory at all and your credits will still be available for you to use in other restaurants 😊

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Melanie R View Post
It’s not mandatory at all and your credits will still be available for you to use in other restaurants 😊
I should have booked it a few days ago as on Friday I noticed the package I wanted increased £300 and then yesterday the free dining plan dropped off as well.
Old 28 Jun 20, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Veniza
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I should have booked it a few days ago as on Friday I noticed the package I wanted increased £300 and then yesterday the free dining plan dropped off as well.

Sorry to hear this. That is some jump in price, especially if you add in the cost of dining.

It would be a different experience, but you might consider staying off site (Dream Castle hotel is nice, breakfast is good). Free shuttle takes 10 minutes or so (though busier and less frequent than the on site hotel shuttles). Ubers are meant to be quick and reasonably priced too. Use the extra £300 to buy a magic plus annual pass (it will get you access to extra magic hours). Do wait until we see how the reservation system being put in place from July works first, you'll want to know you can get reservations with an annual pass.

In my opinion the food in the parks I'd generally poor and over priced. Though the experience is nice. Some options in the village (vapiano) are much better for a similar price.

There is Val d'Europe (huge shopping centre) one stop away on the RER. It has a lot of food options worth exploring. (Big Fernand is a favourite of mine).

In low season the parks close early, so if you want to eat in a park restaurant you are losing park time you may want. Eating elsewhere lets you maximise time in the parks.
Veniza is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Veniza View Post
Sorry to hear this. That is some jump in price, especially if you add in the cost of dining.

It would be a different experience, but you might consider staying off site (Dream Castle hotel is nice, breakfast is good). Free shuttle takes 10 minutes or so (though busier and less frequent than the on site hotel shuttles). Ubers are meant to be quick and reasonably priced too. Use the extra £300 to buy a magic plus annual pass (it will get you access to extra magic hours). Do wait until we see how the reservation system being put in place from July works first, you'll want to know you can get reservations with an annual pass.

In my opinion the food in the parks I'd generally poor and over priced. Though the experience is nice. Some options in the village (vapiano) are much better for a similar price.

There is Val d'Europe (huge shopping centre) one stop away on the RER. It has a lot of food options worth exploring. (Big Fernand is a favourite of mine).

In low season the parks close early, so if you want to eat in a park restaurant you are losing park time you may want. Eating elsewhere lets you maximise time in the parks.
I think I would be more comfortable onsite being by myself. I am however thinking of Hotel Cheyenne rather than Newport Bay now, it seems nice enough and I have read some positive reviews. This one only has free breakfast, I haven’t decided if I would upgrade the plan or just pay OOP.
Old 28 Jun 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Hotel Cheyenne is a lovely hotel, newly refurbed and fantastic Toy Story theming and a lovely chilled atmosphere.

I’ve read your previous WDW dining reports and upgrading to Premium dining plan sounds like it would be a good option for you. We always upgrade to it!

When making your booking, unlike WDW, you can’t use your ‘credits’ ahead of time to reserve and if selecting on check-out then it will add the full cost to your booking. To avoid this, book as normal with your dining plan and then call or use social media to get in touch to add on your restaurant reservations. They usually have an online restaurant booking option but I believe it’s been taken down at the moment.

You can book ahead 6 months out and we’ve never struggled to reserve where we want.

Happy to share any recommendations if you’d like? ☺️
Old 28 Jun 20, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

I stayed in the Santa Fe by myself and it was great. I would definitely stay in Cheyenne by myself, it it my favourite hotel.
DiszeeBelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Veniza
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I think I would be more comfortable onsite being by myself. I am however thinking of Hotel Cheyenne rather than Newport Bay now, it seems nice enough.
The Cheyenne is nice. Especially in winter time, I particularly like the onsite star bucks on a winters evening. The room I was in had just been renovated and the beds were like sleeping on concrete, ended up using the sofa bed! That was a few years ago, so they should have softened a little.

I do my own thing with food as booking in advance doesn't work with children who need fed when hungry, not at the time I chose to book dinner three months previous, sometimes a quick service place in the park, or earl of sandwich or mc donalds in the Disney village are more convenient for me.

Enjoy your trip.
Veniza is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List