Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Nov 20, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
My son is also going for the Bacon double cheese with me.. but has reminded me of our appointment at the heart attack grill in Vegas next August where he intends confronting and defeating the octuple bypass burger.. other than a single bite at the end in order to get his ‘paddling’ as punishment... he wants the photo as his Facebook profile pic).
I feel like I have seen this place on the TV before? Has it been on Man vs Food do you know?
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MillyMoo View Post
I feel like I have seen this place on the TV before? Has it been on Man vs Food do you know?
Yes it was.. and that programme ‘A league of their own USA’. Where Freddie Flintoff failed his challenge and was spanked by a Dwarf Nurse.. Great trash tv!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 04:47 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

I thought i had! Thats quite a burger, but it sounds like its a win win situation for him from what you've said! 😂
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MillyMoo View Post
I thought i had! Thats quite a burger, but it sounds like its a win win situation for him from what you've said! 😂
He has talked about this place for years. It is iconic (in its own way).

Me? I would much prefer a Wendy’s Baconator and can’t wait for my next one... but I suppose I will have to accompany him to ensure that he come to no harm!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Barmybuckle
Getting to know the DIBB

Why do you feel that you should take it upon yourself to convince people anything?

Whilst I don’t doubt that many omnivores would respect your right to be vegan, it would seem that similar tolerance is not reciprocated by vegans towards omnivores.
That's because the actions of omnivores cause harm and suffering. If you walked past someone in the street kicking a dog, wouldn't you try and stop them?

Talking of omnivores and those involved in the production of meat produce as rapists and murderers etc etc etc is pretty much an attempt at a guilt trip on those with a contrary opinion to your own.
Other than the target (human or animal), what's the difference between rape and insemination? What's the difference between murder and slaughter? In my mind, there isn't a difference. It's this kind of disconnection that makes us feel OK about eating animal products.

For what it’s worth, animals that are later eaten would not exist in the first place were it not for the future intention of consumption.
Wouldn't it be better if they didn't exist? Rather than being born to suffer and be killed?

As for slaughterhouses etc, if I needed work, then there would be no issue. I would work in one. I could also work as a butcher, a fisherman or anything else. I have also shot pheasants and killed chickens.. but only for consumption.
We all have to make ends meet, I get that. The issue isn't really with the slaughterhouses, farms and the workers, it's with the consumers purchasing products that drives the demand.
Barmybuckle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

This is what I’d like for me Tea...
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post

This is what I’d like for me Tea...
Wow. The Steak looks a tad overcooked, but other than that .. WOW!

Old 25 Nov 20, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Wow. The Steak looks a tad overcooked, but other than that .. WOW!
Yes you need to have it well done ... I couldn’t do rare..
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Think of the poor carrots. You are eating Kevin
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
Think of the poor carrots. You are eating Kevin
Don't forget all the wildlife that was displaced to allow that field to be ploughed. Just for good measure put fertilisers on the field and the surrounding hedgerows.

Dietary choices with an impact.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread