Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Jan 21, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Yes or no Disney on site or off

I posted else where that we not going back for a few years but it got me thinking. If you are hopefully going back in the next year or so will you stay on site yes or no. I know a lot stay in villas ect so where world you like to stay. Thanks
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Apprentice Imagineer

Our last trip was a mix of onsite and villa - we had 5 days at POR with the quick service dining plan and then 9 days in a villa in Sunset Lakes. This worked really well for us and in theory we had planned to do the same next year. This will depend on what Disney are offering in terms of prices, dining plans etc though so I'm going to wait and see before making a final decision.

We have an all-villa holiday booked for Florida this year but won't be visiting any parks so slightly different.
HFJohnson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
We've always been on-site people, and love staying at the likes of Old Key West, Wilderness Lodge and, our favourite, the Beach Club.

However, we stay at these hotels - and I expect to continue to do so, regardless of the "perk erosion" - for when we are visiting the Disney parks. We're very fortunate to have been able to visit frequently, but we still like to spend at least 10 days on WDW property enjoying all it has to offer, and staying on-site is a big part of that for us.

However, when we are visiting the Universal parks we will stay on-site there at one of the Royal Pacific, Hard Rock or Portofino Bay. We love these hotels and the queue-jumping they come with.

However 2: for times when we are not visiting parks at all, we'll rent a house-with-pool and largely chill.

Examples of our two most recent summer holidays in and around Orlando have been:

10 nights Beach Club
2 nights Animal Kingdom Lodge
4 nights Disney Dream cruise
7 nights rented house-with-pool

10 nights rented house-with-pool
4 nights Royal Pacific
7 nights Beach Club

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

We have DVC so always stay on-site.
The big thing for us is not driving. If we had a car I'd love to try a villa.
So off site and no car is a big no from us.
Feebee2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

1000% on-site. I’m not going and staying offsite.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Kevin

I sometimes feel a bit of a fraud posting on the DISNEY Information Bulletin Board as we've never spent a single night in a Disney hotel nor (apart from MVMCP in 2014) have we visited a park since 2010.

Some Dibbers may know that our visits are based on a pool deck at Highgate Park, Longhorn steaks, visits to six different Bath & Body Works shops and touring the other 65,700 square miles of Florida.

I was 75 on Sunday and my sleeve is already rolled up awaiting the call from NHS

So in summary repeat paragraph two for as many years as we have available to us. April 2021 maybe, Nov 2021 very probably.

Mick
Old 21 Jan 21, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
For me it all depends on certain circumstances. First choice is onsite at Disney with free dining and a stay at Universal as well.

As someone who is self employed and not allowed to work currently then this is less likely if I want to go next year. We were supposed to go this August but then decided on 2022. This current lockdown may ruin that but to be honest at the moment I’d rather a cheaper holiday than have to wait until 2023. I’m confident we will still have an amazing time offsite.

Edited at 02:40 PM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

We should have been going Aug 2020 staying onsite at CBR 14 nights and I have rescheduled the same for August this year.

If that falls through and we have to reschedule again for 2022 I think I will probably reduce my onsite time to 10 days and spend 4 days at Universal. The loss of perks has made me re-evaluate staying onsite at Disney.

Neither I or DH want to drive over there, I think if we did we'd be more inclined to book a villa. I know nearby non disney hotels offer bus service and I may even look into this for future stays.
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
quiddity
Apprentice Imagineer

quiddity's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We have always stayed in cheap hotels off site.

All we want is a clean comfy room to sleep in in a decent area. Our first 7 trips were the comfort/clarion inn at Lake buena vista, then last at baymont inn & suites near animal kingdom.
Both had plenty of places to eat around & supermarkets either in walking distance or a short drive.

We just can't see the justification for the extra cost when it's just really a bed to us.
Just checked & travelling at our usual time of year for me & DW it would be £3360 on site, £1420 off site with off site also including breakfast!
7/2/12-9/2/12 cheyenne DLP for 1st time!
28/09/12-12/10/12 clarion inn LBV again again!
quiddity is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mental4ever
Excited about Disney

We are also looking at staying a few nights offsite at Universal for the first time. Although we are DVC members we will now be using them as somewhere to sleep while we explore more of what’s on offer outside Disney. Not going to get some many of our $$$$ next year Disney. 🤔🤔🤔
Universal Aug/Sept 2023.
BWV & Universal Feb & May 2024. BWV Jan 2025.
mental4ever is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List