Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Jan 21, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Have you booked a UK holiday instead of Florida?

Unfortunately a summer holiday in Florida might not be happening this year (due to something called covid), so have you booked a summer break in the UK instead or are you still living in hope that you will get to Florida this summer?

I am getting a little boat on the Thames (the reliant robin of boats), and I plan lots of days and weekends on it, but I've promised the wife we will have a his and her bucket for our business and a 3rd bucket specifically for my big toilets.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Nope, not booked anything. Not someone who neeeeds to go somewhere else to relax. It is nice, but will just go with the flow this year, we may take little trips when things open up, we may just recharge the batteries at home.

Don't know if it is because we have all been working so have not got fed up of 4 walls... I also like to plan, to get ready for holidays, to get the most from them... and would not cope well mentally with the continual disappointment I read of on here .
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Brennanhough
Excited about Disney

We have both booked- one as a back up should (when&#128580 Florida get cancelled.

We’ve booked 5 nights in Brighton which we haven’t visited before. We’ve booked a flexible rate which can be cancelled at anytime. Booked it in August last year Went back and rechecked cost a few weeks ago and the cost had doubled so I think they are expecting it to be busy too..
Brennanhough is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

Nope, I don't 'holiday' in the UK
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've booked a couple caravan sites and festivals as well as abroad this year. If we can't go abroad I will do Scotland road trip in the dub 🤙

I forgot to say if Scotland wants me 😊

Edited at 09:32 AM.
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chilli-pepper View Post
Nope, I don't 'holiday' in the UK
I agree!
I wouldn’t call going away in the Uk a holiday,it’s a break at best.
Abroad for holidays for us every time.
A 2 night break in the UK would be max for me.That would be when the girls get together though as hubby isn’t really interested in going away in this country.Id get him away for 1 night at a push.
Tracy x
Old 25 Jan 21, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Brennanhough View Post
We have both booked- one as a back up should (when&#128580 Florida get cancelled.

We’ve booked 5 nights in Brighton which we haven’t visited before. We’ve booked a flexible rate which can be cancelled at anytime. Booked it in August last year Went back and rechecked cost a few weeks ago and the cost had doubled so I think they are expecting it to be busy too..
I have been looking at Brighton but everything so expensive plus im not sure where to stay
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

Yes, there are thousands of beautiful holiday spots in the UK (and ofcourse its a holiday!), not everyone can afford to go abroad every year. So, we will be making use of our tent again and doing a few beauty spots.

Plus we have just moved our centre parcs trip from May to September, as we will hopefully be going with our in laws.

I do think people miss out on what the UK has to offer sometimes.
Old 25 Jan 21, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

No, if we can’t go to Florida, we won’t be holidaying in the Uk. It’s not the kind of holiday we enjoy, so we would rather stay at home.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

I was originally gonna go to Florida this year as part of my 40th birthday and Disney’s 50th but we decided to go for my Sons 4th birthday instead as my daughter was that age when she went in 2016.
We currently only got Butlins Minehead booked for Oct half term again for Halloween and our rebook Christmas break for the 17th December.
Looking at a week’s summer break but currently having a porch and driveway built so will see what’s left in the budget.
themeparksandy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List