Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Theme Parks Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, FastPass+ Questions and Info.
Unread 14 Mar 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
thingy003
Proud to wear my Ears

Thank you all for your replies.

I think we are going to buy one from Walmart / Amazon and have it delivered to the hotel. My youngest can be a right pain when she decides that she can't walk any further and I have mobility issues si carrying her could make things very difficult.

In the meantime I am taking them walking every weekend until October to build up their leg muscles
thingy003 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Booked at last...
Unread 14 Mar 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

LLamb's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by thingy003 View Post
Thank you all for your replies.

I think we are going to buy one from Walmart / Amazon and have it delivered to the hotel. My youngest can be a right pain when she decides that she can't walk any further and I have mobility issues si carrying her could make things very difficult.

In the meantime I am taking them walking every weekend until October to build up their leg muscles
Good plan, you know your children and what is best for them. Last year we did between 8-10 miles a day and that wasnt commando style touring. Our son is very active but that distance combined with the heat takes it out of them.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Just Universal this time
Unread 14 Mar 19, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyFromage
Excited about Disney

Took dd1 at 4, no pushchair

Dd2 is 8, not a chance.

Get them walking more at home before you go!
LadyFromage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Unread 14 Mar 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
BufordT
Very Serious Dibber

Doing more walking outside of Orlando does not prepare kids for;

1) Heat
2) Later later nights
3) Crowds
4) Heat
5) Heat

6) Did I mention the heat.

Our next trip we will have no issues as our kids will be a lot older but in 2015 we had a 9 month old, 4 and 6 year old and got a stroller for the younger two and even the 6 year old took a few cat naps. It sometimes is a great way to get around a busy park, Smashing ankles and taking no prisoners.

We got ours from Walmart on day 1 and left them behind at the end.
I do admit the joy of not having to go through the stroller buying/folding/putting up/folding fiasco is behind us. Good luck!
BufordT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Villa(ns) 21 Night August sweat-a-thon
Unread 15 Mar 19, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
slightly serious Dibber

We hired a Disney stroller for one of the days for ds age 6. He got a migraine, didn't want to go back to the hotel but was just really struggling with heat and jetlag. The Disney one was perfect for him as it was big.

Hired one the next day when he'd perked up and it was first class pain in the ass with him jumping in and out (including when it was moving), manouvering, parking it. Thankfully he didn't need it after that but I shouldn't have bothered the 2nd day.
2018 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Newport bay -dlp
Unread 15 Mar 19, 01:09 AM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Mobile

I may be shot down for saying this but rather than having a stroller for older children due to all the walking-I would be lessening the days to make them not a tiring. Sounds like an over packed itinerary if its going to make them that tired.
parkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Who would have thought it?
Unread 15 Mar 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenLime
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Originally Posted by parkgirl View Post
I may be shot down for saying this but rather than having a stroller for older children due to all the walking-I would be lessening the days to make them not a tiring. Sounds like an over packed itinerary if its going to make them that tired.
Thats what well be doing. My 8 year old has dyspraxia and hypermobile joints so tires easily. Were going to do what we can with fast passes, ice-cream breaks and taking it at his pace. Im at peace with the fact that we are not going to see everything but as long as everyone is having fun thats the main thing.
HelenLime is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 19, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Last trip kids were 4 and 6. Bought 2 single strollers from Wallmart. They were $50 or $60 each - so not the very cheapest one walmart had.

These were fine. By the end of the 2 weeks they were on their last legs. Biggest problem was actually a couple of times they were left in the car and started to melt.

But worked well for us.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
2 days AMI, 1 week CBR & 1 Week Villa!
Florida Tix