Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Accommodation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info
Discount Florida Car Hire
Unread 14 Mar 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Pixie24
Trainee Dibber

Thoughts on Best Moderate?

After two trips staying offsite we are thinking onsite for May 2020 . My question is one that I am sure has been asked many times before and I am sure there is no definitive answer but I would like some opinions on the best moderate. Its just for me and my DH, no children. This time we will not be hiring a car and thinking of using Uber to get to Universal etc. but onsite transport to the parks. Last year we stayed offsite but visited POR and liked the theming etc. but willing to consider all. We would like somewhere good to eat, nothing fancy but I am a coeliac so anyone with experience of this whilst staying onsite would be good. I really would be grateful of any input please, as we seem to be going round in circles atm, there seems to be quite a bit of advice for families but not so much for a middle aged couple! . TIA.

Edited at 06:53 PM.
Pixie24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 14 Mar 19, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I'm a solo traveller - currently 55 but was 54 when I stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter last year. I fell in love with it as soon as I walked into the lobby. It's a beautiful resort, lovely rooms, great pool, decent food court and best of all for me - it's small. Everything's close together and there's only one bus stop.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Second solo trip to WDW - Beach Club :)
Unread 14 Mar 19, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I can testify that POR is great, absolutely loved it, stayed in Magnolia Bend (mansion room but not princess themed as I am a grown man lol).

That said next time it's Coronado Springs for me. After the refurb it's already considered a moderate with deluxe amenities. And as it's also a convention centre, it has a more adult vibe which I like.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 19, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We stayed in POR august just gone and whilst lovely we prefer CBR beach theme.
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our second WDW Holiday wohoo 2018
Unread 15 Mar 19, 01:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather
Imagineer

Not sure if Ill be much help but ... stayed in POR when it was Dixie Landings and loved it! We liked the theming and the food court is amazing! Stayed in Coronado Springs and loved it! Again loved the theming and although wasnt too impressed with the table service restaurant everything else was great. However, my DD and her hubby stayed there in September 2014 and although they also loved it there was a Cheer Leaders competition on and they found getting transport first thing in the morning a bit of a pain! My first solo trip in 2017 was at POFQ and this is my favourite moderate! The theming is stunning, the food court is great (chicken in a biscuit was my favourite), it is the smallest Disney hotel which only has one bus stop which is in easy walking distance from all of the rooms! Loved it so much Im going back in 7 weeks!
My 70th Birthday Solo Trip
Unread 15 Mar 19, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Staying at POR in May, so pleased to see the above comments. I have also stayed at POFQ and loved that resort and for a couple I would say its perfect. Its a small resort with a more intimate feel.

I understand that the foodhall at POR is far better than POFQ but as Ive only experienced the one, I cant really comment but logically as a bigger resort I suspect it has a wider choice for a wider range of peoples.

My other recommendation is not a moderate but Saratoga springs, which is my all time favourite. We walked to Disney springs from there, lovely calm feel to it, some resorts, to me, feel a bit frenetic.

Enjoy whatever you chose
Tinkerbell is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The generation game
Unread 15 Mar 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

Cant compare as only stayed at POR and staying at POFQ this April.

But Port Orleans has always been the only option for us in way of a moderate. We like the theming and surrounding, and the fact that you can get the boat to Disney Springs is always a great option.

CSR May be a good option once the works are completed with the new dining and bar options. However, still remains a big convention resort.

CBR has never appealed to us.
Unread 15 Mar 19, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
slightly serious Dibber

We loved Coronado Springs, the refurbished rooms are beautiful and the resort has more of an adult feel to it.

We are trying POFQ this year to see how it compares.

sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Universal only trip! WDW in Sept 19!
Orlando Attraction Tickets