Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 14 Mar 19, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Really enjoying reading along MrsWTurns30. The Polite Pig had just opened last time we were there but didn’t get to try it.
Old 14 Mar 19, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MrsWturns30 View Post
I read your report quite soon after I booked dining plan, it’s one of the reasons I wanted to give it a go myself as I figured there must be other food orientated people like me out their planning their hols!

Opting out of Mousekeeping is working fine for us, when we checked in the CM checking us in offered it - I had already discussed with DH doing this as $100 is a pretty enticing ‘reward’ she said just to ring down if we need towels or sheets replacing or re-fills for the in room coffee machine. We’ve had to call up maintenance a couple of times for the toilet not flushing properly and for a new coffee machine as it was broken, on all occasions they’ve been here within 10mins. We left a bag of rubbish outside the door this morning and it was collected before we returned - so for the sake of having to make our own beds I’d happily take the $100. If I’d have thought about it before we left home though, I would have packed some anti-bac wipes to wipe out the sinks and clean down the table after breakfast, I’m just using one of the flannels I bought from home to do this as the hotel have provided flannels.
Glad you enjoyed my report too. I've been meaning to do one for years, and finally managed on our 5th trip!

I think we'll definitely opt out of mouse keeping too. I'm never a fan of how they make the beds anyway as we just have to untuck it all to use them. Plus we have a way of making up the Murphy bed to stop blankets falling off too, and they always mess that up meaning we have to remake it each night. Antibacterial wipes sound a good idea and are on the list now!

Today's food looks good, especially PP. Our daughter can't do smoked at all, so we'll have to go without her. As delicious as your meals look, I stopped eating red meat a year ago so will leave that for my husband and I'll try a chicken dish instead.

Hope you have a good day at Epcot and manage to hit some of the booths

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsWturns30 View Post
I read your report quite soon after I booked dining plan, it’s one of the reasons I wanted to give it a go myself as I figured there must be other food orientated people like me out their planning their hols!

Opting out of Mousekeeping is working fine for us, when we checked in the CM checking us in offered it - I had already discussed with DH doing this as $100 is a pretty enticing ‘reward’ she said just to ring down if we need towels or sheets replacing or re-fills for the in room coffee machine. We’ve had to call up maintenance a couple of times for the toilet not flushing properly and for a new coffee machine as it was broken, on all occasions they’ve been here within 10mins. We left a bag of rubbish outside the door this morning and it was collected before we returned - so for the sake of having to make our own beds I’d happily take the $100. If I’d have thought about it before we left home though, I would have packed some anti-bac wipes to wipe out the sinks and clean down the table after breakfast, I’m just using one of the flannels I bought from home to do this as the hotel have provided flannels.
Polite pig looks amazing. Loving your report so far.
Love the idea of taking anti bac wipes. I am going to take the gift card but will probably pay for a clean half way through the holiday.
Glad you are having a great time
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Another great day!
And oh my! Your meal at Polite Pig!
I don't like ribs but I;m impressed by the sheer volume of stuff on offer for a meal credit!
I'd be happy with that meal WITHOUT the ribs!

Enjoy tomorrow!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Here's a PDF which lists all the QS and TS restaurants. It's the one from 2018 as the 2019 one isn't fully updated yet.

disneyworld.disney.go/me...ions_added.pdf

Kat
Thank you Kat!
This is excellent, will get this printed off
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Great start so far, really enjoying reading.

Hope you managed a later start today.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Just catching up on your report, photos and details are fantastic although I am drooling now!
Old 14 Mar 19, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

All caught up on your report so far. Some fab eats there! Especially your polite pig ribs - yum! We do love a Caseys hotdog as well, glad they didn’t let us down.

Hope the kids fared ok at Epcot for the fireworks! X
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 19, 03:29 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsWturns30
Trying for More Ears

Mobile Epcot - Quickie

Hey guys,

Today has been an exhausting one and there is a lot of food to post about! So to do it justice I will do so when I wake up tomorrow x
MrsWturns30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 19, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsWturns30
Trying for More Ears

Epcot

Morning all (well afternoon for you guys!)

Epcot day!

Kids slept in til 7.45 & 8am so we are well primed for staying up for the fireworks.

Breakfast was the usual affair in the room of cereals & protein shake then off to Epcot for what has been eating around the world!

Being able to snack credit my way around Epcot has given it a whole new spin - it has always been my least favourite park as I am a bit of a thrill seeker... but this has given it a whole new spin!

First snacks of the day were from the booth over near test track, the violet cronut and a purple slushy type drink. Cronut was amazing - sticky and messy, but delicious. Slushy was meh! I wouldn’t bother with it again, it was quite small too.

We hit a couple of rides and picked the kids up a burger and fries (with a strawberry slushy margarita for mummy - they are more than happy with fountain water! ) from electric umbrella via mobile ordering - it was ready in less than 5 minutes. Kids both enjoyed the burger, they will only manage half each so just used one meal credit for this - Jimbo already had his half in his mouth before I could take a picture!

It was then onto world showcase for mummy & daddy to eat their way around the world!

We headed towards Mexico first, and came across a Jamaican booth - DH opted for a sugar cane shrimp skewer, this can with rice and a tasty sweet & slightly spicy sauce. Im not a shell fish kinda person so I tried the sauce but left the shrimp to him.

On arriving in Mexico Eve spotted a huge blue donut at a Joffreys stand and asked to use one of her snack credits for it - she and Jimbo shared it between the both of them, They both enjoyed and covered their faces in blue icing - I am going to need to buy more wet wipes!

Whilst they sat eating that I spotted the Trowel & Trellis booth and headed there for some corn on the cob - everything at this stand is Vegan

It was really very tasty, but smothered in a garlic rub/sauce - an American lady asked me for directions shortly after eating this- i has to apologise for my breath 😬 take some mints!

We then had a fast pass for mission space so headed out of world showcase to do this - Eve & I hit orange mission. Pretty glad I hadn’t eaten too much by this point else I might have seen it all again!

Back to Norway - I popped into the bakery planning on picking up some school bread I’ve read so much about. I made the mistake of taking Eve in with me... she spotted this very beautiful cupcake and that was that! It required a good effort from me, her & DH to get it eaten (Jimbo doesn’t have much of a sweet tooth - I’m not sure he belongs to me!)

On to China & I picked up this braised beef in spicy sczhuan sauce for a snack credit. It was really tasty and not too spicy either - DH doesn’t do spice and he tried it liked it so helped me out with eating it!

Round to Germany - nothing much was taking our fancy food wise here at this time, that’s not to say that when we visit again I won’t try something, just feeling a bit hot and bothered (it was about 29C most of the day) so instead DH paid OOP ($9.50) for a beer flight as a bit of light refreshment. We shared it between the 2 of us, all 3 of them were quite drinkable even the dark one which I usually find too bitter

Nothing in Italy was taking our eye so off round to the ‘American Adventure’ where I chose the Beef Brisket Burnt Ends and Smoked Pork Belly Slider with Garlic Sausage, Chorizo, Cheddar Fondue and House-made Pickle (sorry for all the capitals - I coped and pasted that as I’d never remember it all!)

DH and i shared it but I kinda wish he’d gotten his own, it was gorgeous!

On to Japan and we were all in
need of cooling down so we picked up some Shaved Ice (rainbow flavoured - melon, strawberry and tangerine) and worked on it as a family project. It was just what we needed! I did see some people leaving the booth with frozen beer too, that looked interesting!

Heading into Morocco DH pronounced he wanted something ‘fat’ for his next food - essentially he wanted a proper meal rather than a snack, so we came across the Tangierine Cafe where he used a meal credit to buy the chicken and beef platter

He was most pleased with his choice - served with Sangria, we sat in the cool shade of this little cafe for a good hour just people watching and resting our tired feet!

Round into France and Eve spotted Crepes so she had that served with vanilla & chocolate soft serve (don’t worry she was certainly made to scrub her teeth before getting into bed!)

DH had remembered the ice cream shop in France from our last visit so popped in to get his ‘dessert’ a scoop of apple and cinnamon crumble ice cream, he was in heaven! It reminded me of Ben and Jerry’s ‘oh my apple pie’ which was discontinued a long while ago so it was a nice find.

On to the UK and Jimbo had decided on Fish & Chips for dinner (served with a pint of bass for mummy & daddy!) He made a really good effort on eating this, but one piece of fish was enough for him. DH and I tried the second piece... he only had one mouthful and put it down exclaiming ‘sacriledge’ the batter was more like donut batter than what we are used to at home, but the fish inside was nice and meaty!

Lastly round into Canada - I had had my mind set on a traditional poutine from here all the way round the showcase, the concept of fries, beef dripping/gravy and cheese curds sounded utterly disgusting... yet so many people rave about it so I needed to find out for myself! I have to say it was the beef gravy that makes it, it was really very tasty... I can see why ‘Northeners’ have gravy on chips now (I’m a curry sauce kinda gal!) and the addition of cheese curds (kind of like chunks of halloumi) only adds to the flavour.

That was us done for the day food wise! We did manage the fireworks but we were all utterly shattered by the time we got back home, both the kids fell asleep on the bus making that an interesting walk back to our second floor room! It’s now 8.30am and they are both still fast asleep.

Today is Hollywood Studios... the day Starwars mad Daddy & Jimbo have been waiting for! Unfortunately for you guys probably know where near as interesting food wise!

Stats for Epcot day
Steps - 21000
Meal credits - 3
Snack credits - 12
OOPE $9.50

Edited at 05:23 PM.
MrsWturns30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List