Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports
QuickSilver
Unread 14 Mar 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Just catching up on your report, photos and details are fantastic although I am drooling now!
Easter Break at Center Parcs
Unread 14 Mar 19, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

All caught up on your report so far. Some fab eats there! Especially your polite pig ribs - yum! We do love a Caseys hotdog as well, glad they didnt let us down.

Hope the kids fared ok at Epcot for the fireworks! X
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
I can't wait to go back...
sheluk Loves the DIBBcast Disney Podcast
Unread 15 Mar 19, 03:29 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsWturns30
Trying for More Ears

Mobile Epcot - Quickie

Hey guys,

Today has been an exhausting one and there is a lot of food to post about! So to do it justice I will do so when I wake up tomorrow x
MrsWturns30 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First time on-site CBR booked
Unread 15 Mar 19, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsWturns30
Trying for More Ears

Epcot

Morning all (well afternoon for you guys!)

Epcot day!

Kids slept in til 7.45 & 8am so we are well primed for staying up for the fireworks.

Breakfast was the usual affair in the room of cereals & protein shake then off to Epcot for what has been eating around the world!

Being able to snack credit my way around Epcot has given it a whole new spin - it has always been my least favourite park as I am a bit of a thrill seeker... but this has given it a whole new spin!

First snacks of the day were from the booth over near test track, the violet cronut and a purple slushy type drink. Cronut was amazing - sticky and messy, but delicious. Slushy was meh! I wouldnt bother with it again, it was quite small too.

We hit a couple of rides and picked the kids up a burger and fries (with a strawberry slushy margarita for mummy - they are more than happy with fountain water! ) from electric umbrella via mobile ordering - it was ready in less than 5 minutes. Kids both enjoyed the burger, they will only manage half each so just used one meal credit for this - Jimbo already had his half in his mouth before I could take a picture!

It was then onto world showcase for mummy & daddy to eat their way around the world!

We headed towards Mexico first, and came across a Jamaican booth - DH opted for a sugar cane shrimp skewer, this can with rice and a tasty sweet & slightly spicy sauce. Im not a shell fish kinda person so I tried the sauce but left the shrimp to him.

On arriving in Mexico Eve spotted a huge blue donut at a Joffreys stand and asked to use one of her snack credits for it - she and Jimbo shared it between the both of them, They both enjoyed and covered their faces in blue icing - I am going to need to buy more wet wipes!

Whilst they sat eating that I spotted the Trowel & Trellis booth and headed there for some corn on the cob - everything at this stand is Vegan

It was really very tasty, but smothered in a garlic rub/sauce - an American lady asked me for directions shortly after eating this- i has to apologise for my breath 😬 take some mints!

We then had a fast pass for mission space so headed out of world showcase to do this - Eve & I hit orange mission. Pretty glad I hadnt eaten too much by this point else I might have seen it all again!

Back to Norway - I popped into the bakery planning on picking up some school bread Ive read so much about. I made the mistake of taking Eve in with me... she spotted this very beautiful cupcake and that was that! It required a good effort from me, her & DH to get it eaten (Jimbo doesnt have much of a sweet tooth - Im not sure he belongs to me!)

On to China & I picked up this braised beef in spicy sczhuan sauce for a snack credit. It was really tasty and not too spicy either - DH doesnt do spice and he tried it liked it so helped me out with eating it!

Round to Germany - nothing much was taking our fancy food wise here at this time, thats not to say that when we visit again I wont try something, just feeling a bit hot and bothered (it was about 29C most of the day) so instead DH paid OOP ($9.50) for a beer flight as a bit of light refreshment. We shared it between the 2 of us, all 3 of them were quite drinkable even the dark one which I usually find too bitter

Nothing in Italy was taking our eye so off round to the American Adventure where I chose the Beef Brisket Burnt Ends and Smoked Pork Belly Slider with Garlic Sausage, Chorizo, Cheddar Fondue and House-made Pickle (sorry for all the capitals - I coped and pasted that as Id never remember it all!)

DH and i shared it but I kinda wish hed gotten his own, it was gorgeous!

On to Japan and we were all in
need of cooling down so we picked up some Shaved Ice (rainbow flavoured - melon, strawberry and tangerine) and worked on it as a family project. It was just what we needed! I did some some people leaving the booth with frozen beer too, that looked interesting!

Heading into Morocco DH pronounced he wanted something fat for his next food - essentially he wanted a proper meal rather than a snack, so we came across the Tangerine Cafe where he used a meal credit to buy the chicken and beef platter

He was most pleased with his choice - served with Sangria, we sat in the cool shade of this little cafe for a good hour just people watching and resting our tired feet!

Round into France and Eve spotted Crepes so she had that served with vanilla & chocolate soft serve (dont worry she was certainly made to scrub her teeth before getting into bed!)

DH had remember the ice cream shop in France from our last visit so popped in to get his dessert a scoop of apple and cinnamon crumble ice cream, he was in heaven! It reminded me of Ben and Jerrys oh my apple pie which was discontinued a long while ago so it was a nice find.

On to the UK and Jimbo had decided on Fish & Chips for dinner (served with a pint of bass for mummy & daddy!) He made a really good effort on eating this, but one piece of fish was enough for him. DH and I tried the second piece... he only had one mouthful and put it down exclaiming sacriledge the batter was more like donut batter than what we are used to at home, but the fish inside was nice and meaty!

Lastly round into Canada - I had had my mind set on a traditional poutine from here all the way round the showcase, the concept of fries, beef dripping/gravy and cheese curds sounded utterly disgusting... yet so many people rave about it so I needed to find out for myself! I have to say it was the beef gravy that makes it, it was really very tasty... I can see why Northeners have gravy on chips now (Im a curry sauce kinda gal!) and the addition of cheese curds (kind of like chunks of halloumi) only adds to the flavour.

That was us done for the day food wise! We did manage the fireworks but we were all utterly shattered by the time we got back home, both the kids fell asleep on the bus making that an interesting walk back to our second floor room! Its now 8.30am and they are both still fast asleep.

Today is Hollywood Studios... the day Starwars mad Daddy & Jimbo have been waiting for! Unfortunately for you guys probably know where near as interesting food wise!

Stats for Epcot day
Steps - 21000
Meal credits - 3
Snack credits - 12
OOPE $9.50
MrsWturns30 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First time on-site CBR booked
Unread 15 Mar 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Gbnomore
Gone all Goofy

Thanks for the update - I'm following this keenly for inspiration!
Gbnomore is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disney/Universal holiday
Unread 15 Mar 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Excited about Disney

There are some delicious looking snacks there! 😋 I dont think Ive ever done world showcase justice... eating my way around it seems a good way to go! Im really enjoying reading along ... Enjoy HS

Edited at 01:47 PM. Reason: Typo
Th1nkT1nk is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Eek! Universal then Disney!
Unread 15 Mar 19, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Great update x
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
we are going back wooohoooo
summersun is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Fan
Unread 15 Mar 19, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Great day
Soooo much food!

Florida - 04, 05, 06, 08, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
Cruises - 17 - Caribbean, 18 - Canaries, Far East/India/Dubai, Caribbean, Mexico, , , 19 - Med, China/Japan/HK+more
Other USA - California Nevada Arizona Utah New York New Mexico Colorado
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disney POR & Universal
Cloverlady is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Listener
Kissimmee Swamp Tours