Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 5 Nov 17, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaynew
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Budget trip help?

We were in Florida over Easter and loved it but won't be able to go back for a while.

It's our sons 10th birthday next Feb and we said he could have a big party or do something special and he said he wanted to go back to DLP.

We went for his 4th and 5th birthdays using the Sun
Cheap deals, travelling on Eurostar and staying at the ibis budget in Val d'Europe. I gather the Sun doesn't do those any more or even if it does we are too late to get them.

So we are looking for options.

I've priced up a cheap hotel for 3 nights - the Kyriad in Torcy and with 2 day tickets from travel republic it comes to £540 for 2 adults, 2 children.

I also priced up staying on-site and the cheapest was over £900 so is emh and half board worth more than £350?

It's the first weekend of the February half term which is bumping prices up.

We are driving ourselves via Eurotunnel which will be free as we have loads of Tesco points and will take a cooler box with food essentials. We aren't bothered about fine dining but my son wants to eat at Annette's Diner for his birthday meal.

Would the Kyriad be ok for our needs? Or will it be so busy that emh is a must? Last time we went I did not planning, just turned up lol!

Any money saving tips people can impart?

We will only have the sat and sun in the parks. Will that be enough or will we need a third day?

Sorry for all the questions!
Old 6 Nov 17, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Rule 1 of DLP is avoid weekends. Always crazy busy as locals throng in. If you can go during the week it will be much quieter (and onsite will be cheaper).

As you are driving have you looked at Davy Crockett as well as the onsite hotels?

Lots of options offsite within walking distance or 5 min ride. Kyriad gets mixed reviews. I have seen lots of love for Hipark Serris or Adagio. We have stayed at the Elysee opposite Val d’Europe station - takes 15 min from the park gates to walking into your room, going 1 stop on the RER, or you could drive (not sure if RER would be cheaper than parking?)

There is a big supermarket in Val d’Europe so you can keep food costs down.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 17, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaynew
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Rule 1 of DLP is avoid weekends. Always crazy busy as locals throng in. If you can go during the week it will be much quieter (and onsite will be cheaper).

As you are driving have you looked at Davy Crockett as well as the onsite hotels?

Lots of options offsite within walking distance or 5 min ride. Kyriad gets mixed reviews. I have seen lots of love for Hipark Serris or Adagio. We have stayed at the Elysee opposite Val d’Europe station - takes 15 min from the park gates to walking into your room, going 1 stop on the RER, or you could drive (not sure if RER would be cheaper than parking?)

There is a big supermarket in Val d’Europe so you can keep food costs down.
Thanks it's hard to avoid the weekend as we want to be there on my son's birthday which is the sat and I'm self employed so going in the week will lose me quite a lot of money. I will have a rethink.
Old 6 Nov 17, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

In that case I would see if you could stay an extra day.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List