Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Apr 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by 2015 View Post
When would these Tui flights go on sale as there’s nothing for 2020 at all yet? I’d never thought of going from there it it would be so convenient for us
Never thought of looking at EMA either. It's our local too, only 40 mins away.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 19, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Abbysmum
Apprentice Imagineer

It's our local airport too and we have flown a couple of times with TUI from there, it's great that it's so close to home and the bonus is when you are coming home knowing you don't have hours of driving ahead. I would say East Mids is comparable to Sanford not massive and not lots to do but definitely worthwhile.

My only word of advice would be is check if there are any events on at Donnington Park when you fly as that can cause horrendous traffic on the motorway and the roads up to EMA. Even though we are only 30 mins away we stayed overnight at an airport hotel due to an event going on to avoid any stress!
Abbysmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 19, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
U2fan
Very Serious Dibber

I emailed TUI about summer 2020 flights from East Midlands and they say that not everything has been released yet.
U2fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
NG5
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Painless for us and again very local
We were at the far end gate which is all walking but plenty of room when u get there
Can’t fault it
NG5 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Sunshine
Earning More Ears

We went from EMa in 2017 (10th May) and were going again this august. We flew on the dreamliner and will be again this year. We fly to Sanford airport which is nice and small and wasnt busy at all (probably cos its non school hols)
Nice to see so many local ish people on here. eMA is a 22minute drive from us and we try not to go from any other airport if we can. We were expecting a really busy check in and with it being our first long haul flight last time we were impressed. We didnt have extra leg room seats as we were told the standard seats on the DL were like ELR on other planes and im happy to say it was true. My husband who was worried about leg room was more than comfortable for the whole 9 hours.
We have been treated to premium seats this time so will be able to compare the difference and if its actually worth it? I will say the only negatives from the DL was the toilets were smaller than any other plane ive been on and plane toilets are known fro being tiny but to help my son in there was a challenge to say the least. Also the amount of water you get offered wasnt great, we did have to keep asking for more but we got it so i soppose its just a minor thing.
The meals were fine, we got jelly beans, afternoon tea and on the return macdonalds sausage n egg mamuffin meals kind of thing which was nice.
Sanford was brilliant, nice and small and so easy to get through and get on with the drive after picking up the car from the alamo desk which is on the way out.
Just enough shops and a couple of placesw to get something to eat/drink.
Hope you have a great time and enjoy the dreamliners little show off with the mood lighting.
Mrs Sunshine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile

It’s only 5 mins for us. True there’s not masses there but convenience is everything. I would do the express security as lines can get pretty long especially at peak times.
Tor32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Marge88
Earning More Ears

20 mins drive for us and we fly from EMA on 19th May! First time on Dreamliner! Small convenient airport.
Hoping Tui let us know the inflight movies for May soon? Anybody know when they will be released? 🛫
Old 24 Apr 19, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Love EMA.
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Marge88 View Post
20 mins drive for us and we fly from EMA on 19th May! First time on Dreamliner! Small convenient airport.
Hoping Tui let us know the inflight movies for May soon? Anybody know when they will be released? 🛫
Waiting for this as well.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
bennyboy0751
VIP Dibber

so do we but we live in donny they fly to orlando in summer from Donny now folks but to sandford we go in november so we go manchester only takes 80 mins to get here
bennyboy0751 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List