Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Jul 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma-p
Excited about Disney

Flight change

Hi! My flight time had been changed with Ba! Don’t get there till after 21.30 now! They have offered another flight ✈️ get in just before 4! But have to go Manchester to Heathrow then get myself to Gatwick to catch the connecting flight! Best way to get from Heathrow to Gatwick! Don’t want too much hassle too! If a taxi 🚖 who would you recommend and will they take 4 cases 🙈 or once I check my luggage in is that it! I just have to get myself and family from one airport to another! We land in Heathrow at 08.15 and out flight out of Gatwick is 11.15 🙈

Edited at 04:44 PM.
Emma-p is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Kelly1234
Excited about Disney

Mobile

This happened to us. We weren’t happy with the long layover time, so we phoned ba and they were happy to return route us but nothing suited. We cancelled our fly drive and booked with Thomas Cook, Manchester to Orlando direct, which is a bonus and it worked out more or less the same price with car hire.
Kelly1234 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma-p
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kelly1234 View Post
This happened to us. We weren’t happy with the long layover time, so we phoned ba and they were happy to return route us but nothing suited. We cancelled our fly drive and booked with Thomas Cook, Manchester to Orlando direct, which is a bonus and it worked out more or less the same price with car hire.
It’s not to bad 3 hours between flights but worried about transfer time I have never done it before! Just a hassle I think! At least my other route with the connection it was the same airport! So I was there! Sure others have done this just need advice 😂😂 thanks for replying will look at others flight options and prices too 😄
Emma-p is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
pluto99
Very Serious Dibber

i believe theres a few on here doing it over the next month, were doing this route but opted for the later flight cos with my luck we wouldnt do it in 3 hours so were on the 115pm ish one, some are using batransfers nothing to do with ba by the way
pluto99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma-p
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by pluto99 View Post
i believe theres a few on here doing it over the next month, were doing this route but opted for the later flight cos with my luck we wouldnt do it in 3 hours so were on the 115pm ish one, some are using batransfers nothing to do with ba by the way
Will look at them! Do you have to pick up your luggage up, and take with you between airports! Or do they transfer that?
Old 15 Jul 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
pluto99
Very Serious Dibber

you have to pick it up nd take it to gatwick with you
pluto99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma-p
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by pluto99 View Post
you have to pick it up nd take it to gatwick with you
Okay thank you!
Old 15 Jul 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
braby
Serious Dibber

For a LGW - LHR transfer you will have to collect your luggage and transport it yourself, have never used a transfer service so can’t help there i’m affraid.
braby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Emma-p View Post
Will look at them! Do you have to pick up your luggage up, and take with you between airports! Or do they transfer that?
You have to collect your checked bags at LHR, take them to LGW and recheck.

3 hours is the absolute minimum connection BA would sell between LHR and LGW, so while it is quite possible to make this (and many people do so every day), there isn’t a lot of contingency if the domestic has a significant delay. Bear in mind that bag drop at LGW closes an hour before scheduled departure time, though possible (I don’t know) there is some flexibility for people connecting from LHR.

If you / anyone in your party are the sort of person who would be excessively stressed by a missed connection, you may want to look at options with a longer connection time. Otherwise, consider your options in the event of delay, which are basically three:

Rebooking from MAN>US gateway (on AA)>MCO, rebooking from LHR>US gateway>MCO, rebooking on the later LGW-MCO flight. The “best” option will depend on availability, personal preference, and the point in the journey at which it becomes certain or highly likely you will miss the booked connection.

Not trying to scare you, this connection is perfectly doable, but these are the occasional realities of connections with a change of airport.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Cabbie
Imagineer

Cabbie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Before accepting the new flights you need to consider a few things.

1) The MAN-LHR flight is on time
2) The average domestic baggage collection time is 20-35 minutes
3) The journey time between the airports on a clear day is around 45 minutes to an hour, however, the M25 is known for traffic especially during peak times. There is also a 50MPH speed limit on the M23 between the M25 and LGW (which includes the access road into the airport) whilst they construct a Smart Motorway.

3 hours is just doable but any delay could mean you missing the flight.

-Steve
Florida-07,08,09,10,11,12,14,16,17,19,21,23 California-06,10,11,15,23,24 Vegas 12,13,15,22 New York- 05,08,12,17,23 Washington DC-09 Boston-07,10 Hong Kong-05,16 Tokyo-05 Dubai-09,14 Jamaica-12 Abu Dhabi-18 Shanghai-18 Toronto-19 Singapore-22
Cabbie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List