Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Jul 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile Lost my Disney mojo! Need your help.

We are due to go a week on Monday to celebrate my 40th birthday and it’s been over 18 months since we started planning. My Dad has had cancer off/on for several years but since Christmas began to deteriorate and last week we said our goodbyes.
I just can’t really get excited and need some reminders on what I need to do. I’m normally so organised with lists/journals etc but really lost my way!
What are my must dos?
Tor32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Radcliffe
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Firstly so sorry to hear about your dad. Secondly you need to break this job down into bit sized pieces with the essential most important stuff first. So flights and tickets,passports,Esta’s,insurance, Park tickets I am sure people will add more to that list. Recruit some help from family and friends - empty your head onto a piece of paper like you normally do so you don’t have to carry all that info in your head. You don’t need to over plan this trip - you need some time to heal and don’t forget that you are allowed to smile and enjoy yourself - that is what your dad would want. Happy 40th for when it comes xx
Radcliffe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Firstly sorry for your loss and it’s understandable that you’re not feeling your usual excitement.
To get you started...
Get the cases and hand luggage bags out.
If you have an old packing list saved on computer from a previous trip start with that.
Otherwise create a list.
Add all your and your family’s clothes working from underwear outwards.
Now add toiletries and medications
Now practical stuff like phone chargers, sun ream etc.
Now add paperwork like tickets, travel insurance, flight and accommodation details, car hire or transfer arrangements.
By the time you’ve done all that you’ll probably fee a bit more on top of things.
Now just work through the list and tick off things as you put them in.
While you’re packing, watch something like a trip report vlog on YouTube, or even better, if you have any videos of your own previous trips, watch those. Or just a Disney movie.
Hope this helps

POFQ Dec 2006, Mar 2008, Oct 2009, Oct 2014
Dibb Villas : Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Xmas 2009 Dec 2010, Oct 2011, July 2013, July 2014, Xmas 2014, July 2015, Aug 2017, Jan 2018, Oct 18, OKW:Summer 2012, Beach Club:Oct 2015,July 2017. AKL:Oct 2019
TinselAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Hula Doola
Serious Dibber

Sorry to hear about your loss. Others will have more experience on Disney must dos to offer you, but I would say that a 'must do' is to be kind to yourselves, don't fret about the lack of excitement about your trip. Give yourself some time to grieve. It may be a different type of trip, but sounds like you have plenty of planning already under your belt if you want to follow it. Once you're there the mouse will work his magic :-)
Old 26 Jul 19, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh wow! Thank you so much. The dumping everything on a piece of paper sounds a great idea as I was up most of the night with with things just whirring round my head. It’s just not knowing where to start.
Tor32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by TinselAngel View Post
Firstly sorry for your loss and it’s understandable that you’re not feeling your usual excitement.
To get you started...
Get the cases and hand luggage bags out.
If you have an old packing list saved on computer from a previous trip start with that.
Otherwise create a list.
Add all your and your family’s clothes working from underwear outwards.
Now add toiletries and medications
Now practical stuff like phone chargers, sun ream etc.
Now add paperwork like tickets, travel insurance, flight and accommodation details, car hire or transfer arrangements.
By the time you’ve done all that you’ll probably fee a bit more on top of things.
Now just work through the list and tick off things as you put them in.
While you’re packing, watch something like a trip report vlog on YouTube, or even better, if you have any videos of your own previous trips, watch those. Or just a Disney movie.
Hope this helps
Such amazing advice. I’ve normally got everything sorted. I opened my notebook and it’s all over the place. You’ve given me a really great starting point. I just need to get on with things.
Old 26 Jul 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Originally Posted by Tor32 View Post
Such amazing advice. I’ve normally got everything sorted. I opened my notebook and it’s all over the place. You’ve given me a really great starting point. I just need to get on with things.
Aw you’ll get there - one step at a time - in the meantime your Dibb friends are here to help with advice and virtual hugs.

Dibb Villas : Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Xmas 2009 Dec 2010, Oct 2011, July 2013, July 2014, Xmas 2014, July 2015, Aug 2017, Jan 2018, Oct 18, OKW:Summer 2012, Beach Club:Oct 2015,July 2017. AKL:Oct 2019
TinselAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Radcliffe View Post
Firstly so sorry to hear about your dad. Secondly you need to break this job down into bit sized pieces with the essential most important stuff first. So flights and tickets,passports,Esta’s,insurance, Park tickets I am sure people will add more to that list. Recruit some help from family and friends - empty your head onto a piece of paper like you normally do so you don’t have to carry all that info in your head. You don’t need to over plan this trip - you need some time to heal and don’t forget that you are allowed to smile and enjoy yourself - that is what your dad would want. Happy 40th for when it comes xx
Thank you. It was my birthday 2 days before he died so I was lucky enough to spend the day with him. Thanks for the reminders. It’s things like insurance that I need to sort out (already have cover just need to dig out all the numbers etc). Photocopy passports/Drivers licences etc.
Old 26 Jul 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hula Doola View Post
Sorry to hear about your loss. Others will have more experience on Disney must dos to offer you, but I would say that a 'must do' is to be kind to yourselves, don't fret about the lack of excitement about your trip. Give yourself some time to grieve. It may be a different type of trip, but sounds like you have plenty of planning already under your belt if you want to follow it. Once you're there the mouse will work his magic :-)
Thank you! We were last there with dad in 2016 so there will be lots of bittersweet moments.
Old 26 Jul 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Just noticed you’re heading to the same resort as us (end of September) - this will be our first stay but have visited many times to eat at Boma and Jiko- hope you enjoy it. It’s a beautiful resort.