Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 16 Jul 21, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellejay156
VIP Dibber

Reports of awful crowds under new fastpass

Ive seen a few reports after the first day of the new system to say crowds and wait times were really bad. Mainly because of the standby return time if I read it correctly.

Having to check every person has a return time or too many choosing the same return time.

Bad first day for the new system.
Ellejay156 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 21, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Not unexpected. Glad we are not booked to go until November. Hope they will either iron out the kinks by then or just drop the whole thing.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 21, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

This doesn’t surprise me.
Sounds like a nightmare !
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 21, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

isnt the standby pass a little like a fast pass - you are given a time to return and should only return at that time.

i have seen long queues at the fast pass entrance as people try to get in early or late and it builds.
Old 16 Jul 21, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

I'm so relieved we cancelled our September trip.
With the new Premier Pass debacle, face masks, no castle, no fireworks, no parades, it just sounds a mess.
Roll on 2022!
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 21, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

Is this not all part of their cunning plan ?
Make the 'Free' standby system so bad that you just spend 8 Euros to ride.

here is a report

insidethemagic/2021/07/s...ss-crowds-ad1/

Edited at 06:12 PM.
AliceCooper9 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 21, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
isnt the standby pass a little like a fast pass - you are given a time to return and should only return at that time.

i have seen long queues at the fast pass entrance as people try to get in early or late and it builds.
no, it is when the real queue gets bad so you get given a time to come back and join the real queue.

For example, say BTM is 60 min wait and 10 min FP wait. the standby pass will activate so instead of waiting 60 min now, you come backnin 2 houra time to wait 60 mins. The FP queue will still be 10 mins etc. Or probably walk on since you need your head reading paying "at least 8eu per person"
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 21, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
susikat
Earning More Ears

Just got back this evening and was there yesterday when they brought the boards out ! We had to scan the qr code which updated the Disney app to include the new reserve a standby pass . We were in Disney studios and the wait time for crush was 75 minutes, i searched for a pass at 10 am and none available, it said try again at 11 which i did on the dot and got a pass to return between 12 and 1230 . We returned at 12 and the wait time said 40 minutes , they scanned my pass and we werr told to join the queue , it took actually 30 minutes to getting on the ride ! Not exactly a fast pass but better than a 75 minute wait ! Wish i hadn’t bothered though as i got off feeling as sick as a dog 😂
susikat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 21, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

See quarantine for double jabbed has been brought back even though meant to be lifted from Monday.
Really making it difficult now which I suppose is part of the plan
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 21, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kk20 View Post
no, it is when the real queue gets bad so you get given a time to come back and join the real queue.

For example, say BTM is 60 min wait and 10 min FP wait. the standby pass will activate so instead of waiting 60 min now, you come backnin 2 houra time to wait 60 mins. The FP queue will still be 10 mins etc. Or probably walk on since you need your head reading paying "at least 8eu per person"
Yes I know how it works but like fast pass your ticket needs to be scanned so you can join the queue. If people are trying to get in early it will cause a blockage

However the queue wait should be shorter