Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Aug 21, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by scouser View Post
Well i needed something to look forward to after a torrid year and thought it was a decent price if it helps anyone.

After the fantastic service i have had at the start of covid and many trips before that with british airways i have decided to rebook with them direct and just payed a deposit incase anything comes up.
So for anyone interested in our plans so far.

I Booked,
2 Adults and 1x 16 year old
26th June LHR - MCO direct BA
12th July MCO-LHR direct BA

1 night Hyatt mco - free with avios
8 nights Universal Sapphire falls
( Rest of the holiday will be onsite at disney to be booked when i get round to it. )

So paid for flights and 8 nights sapphire falls so far total was £2780 which for direct flights and baggage and onsite at universal was a price i was pretty happy with.

Didn't mind booking as there was zero amendment fees on this and only £150 deposit.

Just got to book tickets and disney stay, let the planning begin .
Being able to book a month or so before the (English) summer holidays start is always going to get a significantly better price than those who are tied to the school holidays, but great work there - happy planning!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 21, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

Yep we will be looking to rebook for August as well - probably around the 16th give or take, just need to ensure we are back for 5th sept at the moment, but once School release the starting dates for Sept 2022 that might push on abit but it will be DDs first year at secondary so she needs to be back in time!

Thinking we might actually fly to NY first and do a few days there although happy to do various other cities as well!
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 21, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Yep we will be looking to rebook for August as well - probably around the 16th give or take, just need to ensure we are back for 5th sept at the moment, but once School release the starting dates for Sept 2022 that might push on abit but it will be DDs first year at secondary so she needs to be back in time!

Thinking we might actually fly to NY first and do a few days there although happy to do various other cities as well!
A person after my own heart!

We started doing our multi cities in exactly this way, to save money whilst slightly broadening horizons.. and then the ‘other places’ became at least as important as Orlando.. until eventually, Orlando becomes simply another option amongst many others, such as SFO, San Diego, Boston, Philly and D.C. .

Once Orlando is merely one against many, then when you skip it, you save an absolute fortune in theme park tickets that can be wisely wasted elsewhere!

In and out of practically any two different USA airports in either Easter or Summer School hols (and pretty much any other time), come in at around £500 return. Regionals come in at around £100 -£120 inc baggage.. often much less if you take a risk and buy nearer the time (I do not).

Next October will be our first USA without the kids and not coincidentally in any way at all, our first with not a single theme park from start to finish…
SFO, Monterey, Pismo beach then a flight straight over LA from San Luis Obispo to San Diego, Vegas, Winslow, Tucson, Tombstone and then home… bliss! Hand baggage only, of course as there are four flights.
Knotts, 6 Flags, Disney, Warner Bros and Universal?.. we will wave as we fly over them at 40,000 feet. We may get close to Legoland as we approach and Seaworld as we land in gorgeous San Diego.

I wonder if Disney will expect some payment should we fly directly over it? We might be breathing air that they own.. lol.

Edited at 07:40 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 21, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by OLS View Post

New York is our hope too as my teenagers fancy it and I hope we will get a good deal. We’ve done Toronto once en route which was amazing!
babbymint is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 21, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by babbymint View Post
New York is our hope too as my teenagers fancy it and I hope we will get a good deal. We’ve done Toronto once en route which was amazing!
We are really looking forward to Toronto and Niagara next Easter.. before flying down to Florida.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 21, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaynew
slightly serious Dibber

First time back on the Dibb in a few years and will be religiously looking for flight deals for next summer.

Our plan is to come out for the whole of the school summer holidays and housesit around Florida with a few days at Universal then a week long cruise at the end using our Royal Caribbean credit from last year.

After reading through this thread we might start in Boston as we have friends there we haven't seen for a while.
Old 12 Aug 21, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

How do I sbuscribe
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 21, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Elmhurst 5 View Post
How do I sbuscribe
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 21, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mousemad
Imagineer

mousemad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Looking for end May/June for next year from direct Manchester. Not much leeway on dates as the wedding we were supposed to be going to this year has now been moved to the same time next year.
We've decided if we can find a decent price, we'e going to book as we think when the border opens the prices will go up.
Been comparing prices with VA as we usually fly with them. Its so unfair, we live in the North East so fly from Manchester bit the prices are so much cheaper from London
Dont fly indirect these days as we're both in our 60's.
'18 Madeira beach*'17 Vero beach*'16 40th wedding trip*'15 Siesta Key,Barefoot*'14 Lilli&Joe 1st trip*'13 Cruise,Ft L'dale & AMI*'12 Barefoot,AMI*'11 12go2c Harry*'11 DH B'day Cruise*'10 Barefoot*09 Ft L'dale,Kissimmee*07 Big50,Orlando,Cruise*07 Barefoot*06 Kissimmee*05 Orlando*02 San Diego,Vegas,LA*99 San Diego,Vegas,LA*93 Kissimmee,Clearwater*90 Orlando*81, Ft L'dale,KeyWest,Orlando
mousemad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 21, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mousemad View Post
Looking for end May/June for next year from direct Manchester. Not much leeway on dates as the wedding we were supposed to be going to this year has now been moved to the same time next year.
We've decided if we can find a decent price, we'e going to book as we think when the border opens the prices will go up.
Been comparing prices with VA as we usually fly with them. Its so unfair, we live in the North East so fly from Manchester bit the prices are so much cheaper from London
Dont fly indirect these days as we're both in our 60's.
We are also in the NE. Virgin are going to be flying from Edinburgh next year so that should give us another option.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List