Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 17 Sep 21, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Can I use a voucher from a cancelled flight, to book a holiday, flight and hotel?
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 21, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
Flight only is no extra cost. If you have car hire/hotels they will be repriced.
Gutted I have flight, hotel and transfers so guessing they won't allow me to change my flights without paying the extra? I assumed hotel cost would be dependant on the date etc but was hoping I could be cheeky and change my flights to April which are alot more expensive without paying the extra
Old 17 Sep 21, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
guinness_79
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by keely21 View Post
Gutted I have flight, hotel and transfers so guessing they won't allow me to change my flights without paying the extra? I assumed hotel cost would be dependant on the date etc but was hoping I could be cheeky and change my flights to April which are alot more expensive without paying the extra
The flight element should stay the same; they will reprice the rest... well thats what I thought
guinness_79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 21, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by keely21 View Post
You’ve misinterpreted what I said. It’s only the hotel/car that will be repriced. The flight will stay the same.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 21, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

You’ve misinterpreted what I said. It’s only the hotel/car that will be repriced. The flight will stay the same.
Oh ok thank you thats brilliant
Old 17 Sep 21, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Just a word of caution for anyone thinking about changing their flights to April next year - some of the flights are already very , very busy and may not have availability for some dates especially if there is a larger number of people travelling with you. I was lucky in that my flights were cancelled and changed to Easter a couple of months ago.

Just something to bear in mind when asking to change - perhaps do a dummy booking first to check. It would be great if you are able to get changed to flights which are much dearer without having to pay more for that part of your trip.

Good luck everyone and hope it works out for you.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 21, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

If it were me, I’d book the new flight and car with the deposit now rather than stress over it.

When your original flight gets cancelled, see what the new cost will be to move the dates. If you move it then cancel the Tampa booking for a voucher.

Attempt to get the voucher applied to your original booking (not technically allowed but it is possible).

If you can’t get the voucher applied either save it for a later trip or use it to book a date/route that will be cancelled soon. When that’s cancelled you can get a cash refund.
Would you still recommend this if the new booking is to Miami? I’m really tempted to book Miami flights plus one night hotel for next August as I’m just about happy with the price, whereas the packages from Orlando are crazy. From what I’ve seen in other threads prices are climbing a bit even from Miami and I’m already worrying about availability so itching to get something locked in.

I have October half term flights + car expected to cancel in the next couple of weeks. Those are to Orlando at a very good price (I know the car hire would be repriced.)

When those cancel, as you suggested to me in another thread, if we can get through and get them moved to Orlando next August I’ll be very happy to do that (even with requoted car hire). But if I book Miami now (LHR - MIA), can I cancel that for a voucher once I’ve moved the Orlando booking? As the Orlando would be the preference.

Is the fact that the Miami flight is unlikely to cancel a factor here or does the destination not matter this far out?
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 21, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by moosha View Post
Would you still recommend this if the new booking is to Miami? I’m really tempted to book Miami flights plus one night hotel for next August as I’m just about happy with the price, whereas the packages from Orlando are crazy. From what I’ve seen in other threads prices are climbing a bit even from Miami and I’m already worrying about availability so itching to get something locked in.

I have October half term flights + car expected to cancel in the next couple of weeks. Those are to Orlando at a very good price (I know the car hire would be repriced.)

When those cancel, as you suggested to me in another thread, if we can get through and get them moved to Orlando next August I’ll be very happy to do that (even with requoted car hire). But if I book Miami now (LHR - MIA), can I cancel that for a voucher once I’ve moved the Orlando booking? As the Orlando would be the preference.

Is the fact that the Miami flight is unlikely to cancel a factor here or does the destination not matter this far out?
The destination is irrelevant. It’s you cancelling a booking for a voucher. You can cancel any booking that has travel completing by 31/8/22 at the moment for a voucher.

If they cancel a flight you can get a full refund.

You’re not supposed to be able to use a voucher on an old booking but they do do it more often than not when you email.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 21, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Not too sure if this helps. I can't claim it will help you get through to them quicker but I imagine we will fall within the 'it would be illegal to travel' category?

Although if USA is on Amber/Green then it wouldn't be illegal I suppose? I don't know lol perhaps I'll only get a voucher

When can I request a full refund for my British Airways Holidays booking?
You can request a full refund for a British Airways Holidays booking if one of the following applies – your flight has been cancelled, your accommodation has been closed, there are UK government rules that make holidays illegal or you are required to quarantine in a designated hotel on your return to the UK. If you are worried that your holiday cannot go ahead as planned for any other reason, please contact us to discuss your options
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 21, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

The destination is irrelevant. It’s you cancelling a booking for a voucher. You can cancel any booking that has travel completing by 31/8/22 at the moment for a voucher.

If they cancel a flight you can get a full refund.

You’re not supposed to be able to use a voucher on an old booking but they do do it more often than not when you email.
That’s great, thank you for confirming 😊.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread