Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Sep 21, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Verifly app

We flew home from California yesterday (total chaos at Heathrow!).

For this trip, London/ Barbados/ Miami / Los Angeles/London
we used the Verifly app for the first time.

All the necessary paperwork, vaccination certificates, tests, locator to return etc, gets uploaded onto the app, when everything needed to enter the relevant country is complete, you get a green tick. That's all they want to see at the airport. We saw at other check-in desks people with files and handfuls of paper work, getting very stressed. Our check-in agent told us it saves so much time.

We're technologically challenged and if we could do it, I'm sure it will be a breeze for Dibbers!

Side note, my other half is a belt and braces type so we did print everything out, just in case, as never used Verifly before, but it all stayed safely in my bag.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, we've been away 6 weeks 😊
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

We are of a certain age and usually print everything off but that sounds like a good idea.

Which airlines are currently using the app? 🤔
Old 25 Sep 21, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
We are of a certain age and usually print everything off but that sounds like a good idea.

Which airlines are currently using the app? 🤔
I'm not certain, we used it for BA and AA. As you can't complete it until everything you need is uploaded, it was reassuring because we knew we hadn't forgotten anything.
Sue , also a certain age! 🤣
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

I downloaded this a couple of weeks ago for a trip I had to ROI. Aer Lingus kept emailing me to use it. They didn’t look at it once so I thought it was just a ploy to capture my data. But it’s great to hear that it actually is a useful tool.
If I’m able to use it again for my December trip I will.
Thanks for posting.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Anything to make life easier but i will always have print offs as back up. I have read stories of the check in not interested in seeing the app, only the paperwork so best you have both.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bestbubba View Post
We flew home from California yesterday (total chaos at Heathrow!).

For this trip, London/ Barbados/ Miami / Los Angeles/London
we used the Verifly app for the first time.

All the necessary paperwork, vaccination certificates, tests, locator to return etc, gets uploaded onto the app, when everything needed to enter the relevant country is complete, you get a green tick. That's all they want to see at the airport. We saw at other check-in desks people with files and handfuls of paper work, getting very stressed. Our check-in agent told us it saves so much time.

We're technologically challenged and if we could do it, I'm sure it will be a breeze for Dibbers!

Side note, my other half is a belt and braces type so we did print everything out, just in case, as never used Verifly before, but it all stayed safely in my bag.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, we've been away 6 weeks 😊
That’s good to hear that’s it’s so easy to do 😊
I’m with your Hubbie though I think I’d still print it out just incase technology fails 😬
So glad you had an amazing time with your family at long last
💕💕💕💕
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
That’s good to hear that’s it’s so easy to do 😊
I’m with your Hubbie though I think I’d still print it out just incase technology fails 😬
So glad you had an amazing time with your family at long last
💕💕💕💕
Thanks Claire 😊 We always print everything too, Estas, boarding passes, too worried about our phones packing up or no WiFi. For us the big plus with this Verifly app is the fact you don't get the green tick, ready to travel, till you've uploaded every form you need, so no worries that we might have forgotten something.

Remember those heady days of just turning up at the airport with your passport, suitcase and tickets? Steve's just said we're so old (thanks!) he can remember when your travel agent sent the tickets in a nice wallet plus a shoulder bag with the travel company name emblazoned on the front page ! Happy days!
Old 26 Sep 21, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireRose
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
I downloaded this a couple of weeks ago for a trip I had to ROI. Aer Lingus kept emailing me to use it. They didn’t look at it once so I thought it was just a ploy to capture my data. But it’s great to hear that it actually is a useful tool.
If I’m able to use it again for my December trip I will.
Thanks for posting.
Copied from Aer Lingus website:
Transatlantic flights: To/from Dublin and Boston | To/from Dublin and Chicago | To/from Dublin and New York JFK | To/from Dublin and Washington
If VeriFLY is not available on your route, you must complete all required travel documentation before you arrive at the airport and have original copies available to present to airport staff.
YorkshireRose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

BA use it for all flights into the U.K but only for some countries on the outbound. USA is one of them.
I’m flying home from Rome on Tuesday and plan to upload everything tomorrow. It wasn’t possible on the way out.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireRose View Post
Copied from Aer Lingus website:
Transatlantic flights: To/from Dublin and Boston | To/from Dublin and Chicago | To/from Dublin and New York JFK | To/from Dublin and Washington
If VeriFLY is not available on your route, you must complete all required travel documentation before you arrive at the airport and have original copies available to present to airport staff.

Sorry I prob should have mentioned I was just flying to Dublin from Glasgow. I had to show my paperwork at check in and there was no mention of verifly

My December trip is with ba. .

Edited at 09:07 PM.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List